PRINCIPAL RESEARCHER (One Post) VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. 16 OF 2017
SALARY SCALE: D1 (P285, 444 – P315, 144) per annum.
LEAVE: 30 working days per annum.
• Optional Contributory Medical Aid Scheme. (Government pays 50%, Employee pays 50%).
• Contributory Pension Fund (Government pays 15%, employee pays 5%).
Degree in Social Sciences (with background in Research). A Master’s degree with background in
research will be an added advantage.
A minimum of twelve (12) years experience in the field of Research, two (2) years of which should have been served as a Senior Researcher – D2 level or equivalent level in a Parastatal or Private Sector Organization.
• Functional/Technical Skills
• Decision Quality
• Problem Solving
• Priority Setting
• Managing Vision and Purpose
• Building Effective Teams
• Integrity and Trust
• Timely Decision Making
• Drive for Results
• Communicating Effectively
• Customer Focus
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To coordinate research activities on new approaches and best practice in management tools and techniques to support Government reforms agenda.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
• Assist in research development for national policies and standards.
• Carries out background research, data collection and analysis for Government reform agenda.
• Research on new and best approaches and practices in the Public Sector Management.
• Design tools/methodology for analysis of programme effectiveness.
• Assist Ministries with research instruments as and when they need assistance.
• Build collaborative partnerships with other research bodies.
• Plan and conduct small to medium sized research projects.
• Conduct research initiatives that support the research and development agenda of the Botswana Public Service College.
• Provide on the job training to supervisees and manage their performance.
Applicants should quote the reference and vacancy circular number of this advertisement and provide the following details:
a) Detailed Curriculum Vitae.
b) Certified copies of certificates and Omang (Attach academic transcripts).
c) At least two (2) work related references confirming the required experience.
d) Date of first appointment for those employed in Government.
e) Present position, date of appointment to the position and salary scale.
f) Actual salary per month (attach proof) for applicants from Parastatals and the Private Sector.
Applications from serving public officers should be routed through their Head of Departments and
Permanent Secretaries. Applications not so routed will not be considered.
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO:
The Executive Director
Botswana Public Service College
Private Bag 10026
OR Hand Delivered to;
Botswana Public Service College, Administration Block – Registry Office No. 1, Ground Floor.
Closing Date: 29th November 2017
For any clarification contact the Human Resources Office at Tel: 3684200.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE RESPONDED TO.