Proactively promote a relationship based offering through a primary point of contact, which meets client expectations by providing personalised financial solutions in line with the Value Proposition. Provide a relationship based offering to the Priority Sub-Segment, which meets customer expectations by providing pro-active and highly responsive financial and business solutions focused on the managing and building of wealth in partnership with small business owners, through personalised and competent relationship management and
specialist expertise to provide support. Maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards
- Acquire new business in the Priority Sub-Segment market in line with the Customer Value Proposition segment income specifications, acquisition targets and/ or segment strategy to increase market share and specific sales strategies.
- Establish and build one-on-one relationships with customers, based on mutual respect, in assigned portfolio by delivering the expected level of service, specifically focusing on a pro-active contact (calling) strategy and programme.
- To ensure successful retention of existing customers in assigned portfolio to strengthen and expand relationships by intimately understanding the customer, servicing the customer’s business and personal financial needs and focusing on the management of key accounts.
- To interact and build relationships with Business Banking AE’s and CIB in order to provide a seamless solution to the client’s banking requirements. Where possible to assist with business banking related queries. Manage when specialist Business Banking advice is required and refer to Business Banking or CIB.
- Manage the “Cost of Sales” through evaluation of margins, cost of service and utilisation of the multi-channel delivery strategies, such as actively managing customer migration onto electronic banking channels. Manage customer migration between segments, sub-segments and Private Bank.
- Actively ensure that customers are migrated to the correct sub-segment, as per the Value Propositions where appropriate.
- Maximise bank profitability and ensure value add to customers through cross-selling and conversion of customers to main business, specifically focusing on wealth and lending opportunities. Manage through use of the Portfolio Reporting System.
- Make effective use of the lending specialist who works within the Suite.
- Join and support business organisations that will assist in the acquisition of appropriate customers.
- Proactively e-mail new product information to all customers.
- Conduct a needs analysis to identify customer needs effectively when opening new accounts or giving product advice, in line with Financial Services Act licence categories.
- Complete disclosure to the customers in terms of accreditation, service fees, and commission.
- Ensure proper record keeping in terms of Financial Services Act
- Risk management
- Manage credit and operational risk effectively.
- Ensure effective management of subordinates resulting in compliance with the Code of Banking Practice, internal controls and overall well-being of staff.
- Co-operate and work well with others in the pursuit of team goals by sharing information and providing support to others, showing care and consideration for other team members
Actively seek to improve others’ skills and talents by providing constructive feedback, coaching, training opportunities and assignments, which challenge their abilities and encourage developmentActively seek to improve others’ skills and talents by providing constructive feedback, coaching, training opportunities and assignments, which challenge their abilities and encourage development
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- 5 Years banking experience, with exposure to sales.
- Risk assessment experience, i.e loan applications.
- 1st Degree – In Business, Economics & Finance or any related course
- COP certification
- Business Knowledge – Mature
- Risk Management – Mature
- Project Management – Awareness
- People Management – Awareness
- Financial Management – Awareness
- Change Management – Awareness
- Knowledge Management – Awareness
Relevant business qualification, e.g. B.Comm (Marketing) or MBA.
- Understanding of the priority market customer profile and lifestyle.
- Sound knowledge of the full product spectrum as relevant to the priority market, including qualification criteria, features, benefits, pricing, product combination possibilities for optimum use and relationship to other more specialised products.
- Ability to interpret financial statements, management accounts, budgets and cash flows for all types of legal entities.
- Thorough understanding of Credit Principles.
- Qualification and/or experience in structuring business and personal deals and lending.
- Sound knowledge of the full product spectrum as relevant to the Priority market, including qualification criteria, features, benefits, pricing, product combination possibilities for optimum use and relationship to other more specialised products.
- Understanding of Group company products in respect of service level agreements (knowledge of criteria and customer expectations) and the bank’s service provision networks.
Understanding of which products are most profitable to the bank and potentially beneficial to the customer and self.
- Able to recognise when specialist product support is required.
- Knowledge of equivalent competitor products and services.
- Working knowledge of Retail Banking strategy, overall Group strategy and priority market value propositions.
- Understanding of current business issues and their impact on the local market.
- Working knowledge of branch systems, including the behavioural scoring systems, and their impact on customer service.
- Financial management skills.
- Knowledge of Managing Local Market sales principles.
- Knowledge of the Code of Banking Practice.
- Strong Computer Literacy, able to capture/update customer database, migrate customers to remote channels and justify reasons, optimise service delivery within available technology channels (e.g. e-mail, internet and cellphone banking).
- Have a thorough understanding and knowledge of remote channels, e.g. Internet
- Knowledge of the Financial Services Act.
Deadline : 21 Dec 2016