The Procurement Assistant promotes a collaborative, client focused, quality and result oriented approach in the Procurement Unit.
Roles and responsibilities
- Assistance with the preparation of Request for Quotation, Initiations to Bid, Requests for Proposal and co-ordination of their timely dispatch by fax, messengers or other means;
- Assists the Procurement Officer in maintaining current up to date Procurement documents and Manual;
- Routine copying and circulation of quotes, bids and proposals for evaluation;
- Researching pricing and obtaining quotes locally on low value items;
- Assists with the coordination of selected bidder(s) to ensure completion of administrative processes including bid security, contract award notice and that contract documents are distributed accordingly;
- Assists with managing the administrative processes throughout the duration of the preparation of all relevant documentation until the award of the contract;
- Preparation of management information and statistical reports;
- Receives the approved requisitions by ACHAP managers, processes the appropriate documents for local or foreign purchases/services/ contracts;
- Checks and classifies the precedence of the requisitions and processes the material(s) needed based on priorities;
- Processes appropriate documents and forms for receiving petty cash from the cashier and retiring same accordingly;
- Coordinates with requestors to ensure that only the right materials are procured. To obtain samples of material to be purchased if necessary;
- Provides purchased materials to the responsible receiving office and Ensure that these are captured as necessary in the asset registers;
- Maintains appropriate records to ensure that procurement processes, decisions, and contractual agreements are accurately documented for accountability and audit purposes;
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and experience
- Diploma or HND in Business/Administration, Transport and Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Pharmacy or equivalent qualification;
- At least 6 months experience working in a Procurement or Administration field.
Knowledge, skills and attributes
- Computer skills
- Negotiation skills
- Customer Service skills
- Communication skills
- Purchasing Principles
Application letter and CV should be addressed to the attention: The Human Resources and Administration Manager, Private Bag X033, and Gaborone, Botswana. Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, they can be hand delivered to:- The African Comprehensive HIV/ AIDS Partnerships (ACHAP) Head Office at Block 5, Plot 64511, Unit 1, Fairgrounds, Gaborone, Botswana.
Closing date for applications: 2nd December 2016