PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
- Reporting to the Commercial/Procurement Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing efficient and effective procurement, logistics and warehousing services to the project.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Responsible for engaging with internal customers to understand and prioritise their procurement requirements;
- Responsible for engaging with external suppliers to establish lead times in order to align Khoemacau’s requirements with their requirements (where applicable);
- Maintain adequate stock levels for commodities and ensure the business needs are met;
- Develop and maintain business relationships with key suppliers that drive the right behaviour to support the business objectives;
- Understand the key success factors that play a role in extracting value from the supply chain for various segments of suppliers/ service providers;
- Manage the procurement cycle from issuing enquiries, to bid receipt, adjudication, recommendation and award.
- Deliver and process purchase orders as required; and
- Track and manage the incoming and outgoing procurement workload/activities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Degree or Diploma in Purchasing or Commercial field;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in procurement, preferably in the mining and or construction industry;
- A Procurement qualification attained from the Chartered Institution of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or a Procurement / Logistics / Stores Diploma would be an added advantage;
- Experience with working in an ERP environment
- Communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Negotiation skills;
- Attention to detail and deadline driven; and
- Must be in possession of a valid Class B Driver’s License;