The client is a public-private community development partnership established in 2000 to enhance and support Botswana’s HIV & AIDS response. Using a comprehensive approach, they have successfully supported HIV prevention, care and treatment in Botswana for more than 14 years with remarkable results.
Under the supervision of the Human Resources and Administration Manager, the Procurement/Supply/Logistics Management Specialist will: procure products and services for the client and the clients supported projects.
- Assists the Human Resources and Administration Manager to review and develop procurement policies and procedures
- Processes orders by seeking quotations, evaluating them, making recommendations to the user department and placing the order
- Processes tenders by receiving and adapting terms of reference, advertising the tender, receive responses, convening a meeting of the Tender Committee for adjudication of the tender, obtaining the contract and placing the order
- Follows up orders, receives goods and services and checks them against the purchase to ensure deliveries are done on time and according to specification
- Draws up a plan for the purchase of equipment, services and supplies
- Purchases products and services and manage the inventories of the products or services in the organization while negotiating the best deals for the organization with suppliers
- Checks and ensures that insurance, licenses, and lease agreements are up to date
- Keeps an accurate and up to date asset register and tracks asset movement
- Keeps an inventory for stationary and other office consumables
- Carry out forecasts of inventory to maximize consumption and minimize wastage
- Institute tracking system to improve efficiency of use of consumable products,
Identifies PSCM skills gaps among the clients Programme staff and implementing partners to design and deliver relevant training and development.
- Advanced degree in Business/Administration, Transport and Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Pharmacy or equivalent qualification.
- A professional qualification from the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) of equivalent would be an added advantage
- 5-10 years at Procurement or Administration Officer level
- Familiarity with procurement, supply, logistics management information systems software
- Prior experience with procurement supply chain management of health and health related products will be an added advantage.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Local and International Tender procedures
- Tender and contract drafting
- Design, forecasting, quantification, distribution and monitoring of stock and inventory.