Debswana Diamond Company – Technical Services would like to invite suitably qualified innovative, results oriented and self-driven individuals to apply for the position listed and described below and join a professional team driven by service excellence, where the demands of the business are met by encouraging team work and addressing the needs of the individual.
Ref: DCC 0000321
– To apply project controls in a complex and mutli-project environment
– To perform the integration of the full spectrum of project in a complex project environment, i.e. cost, analysis, estimating, planning, project administration and document control.
– Diploma in Project Management or equivalent.
– Project Management Certification in good standing (Costing, Planning, Earned Value, Management, Estimating etc.) In related field will be an added advantage.
– Four (4) years as a Project Controller.
– Advanced training in Microsoft Office Applications or equivalent (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.)
– Advanced scheduling software (e.g. Oracle Primavera P6, Deltek OPP, Microsoft Project, etc.)
– Advanced Cost Control Software (Oracle Unifier, Deltek Cobra, Costrac, etc.)
Performs the following:
– Planning, setting-up, and managing of a project controls system that establishes and maintains the link between the key project data;
– Project controls-related integration between project management work, support work, and
technical/specialist work, including inter-technical/specialist work;
– Trend-determination, change request control, change to performance measurement baselines (scope-timecost), and monitoring and measurement of associated impacts;
– Transfer of data between financial, accounting, planning, estimating, and procurement systems; the review of errors arising from such transfers, and coordinating actions to rectify such errors;
– Project Controls-related reporting.
– Project governance and Drafting of procurement operating plans (POP), and the controlling of the contracts as stipulated in the POP.
– Monitors the effectiveness of project controls standards and procedures, and brings about necessary changes to ensure continuous improvement.
– Manages and controls allocated funds and operates within approved parameters.
– Implements knowledge management principles through the application of tools and methodologies to continuously improve and sustain business performance.
– Identifies and implements creative and innovative ideas continuously improve and sustain business improvement.
– Manages the effectiveness of subordinates by setting, monitoring and reviewing performance and taking remedial action as necessary.
– Establishes and maintains effective relationships with all key stakeholders and partners to ensure achievement of business objectives.
– Coordinates the safety, health and environmental program in area of responsibility.
Only candidates who meet the above requirements need apply by visiting us on
http://www.debswana.com/careers to register and apply. Closing Date: 08th December 2017.