Reporting to the General Manager- Maintenance and Projects, the successful candidate’s responsibilities will be:
- To implement allocated projects to ensure that that projects goals are met in areas of risk, schedule, cost, scope, safety and quality.
- Establishes mechanical design requirements and packages.
- Supervises a small design team section.
Education Requirements and Experience
- Mechanical Engineering Degree with experience in plant mechanical design & Installation, testing, commissioning and maintenance preferably from the chemical, mineral processing, energy or other related industries
- Minimum required 8 years of which a minimum of 2 years in a project management environment and 3 year in management
- Analytical ability
- Capital Financial Management
- Project Management
- Business Acumen
- Contract management skills
Botswana Ash (Pty) Ltd is a Soda Ash and Salt producing company situated at Sua Pan in Botswana, approximately 180 km by tarred road northwest of Francistown. The Company employs over 500 employees of which close to 300 are unionised. Employees and their families live in Sowa Town, about 20 km from the plant site. The town boasts of recreational facilities which include restaurant, tennis, squash, swimming and golf. There is also an excellent English medium pre primary, primary and secondary school as well as public primary and junior secondary schools.
Closing date and application instructions
The Company offers a competitive remuneration package, commensurate with qualifications, skills and experience. Interested candidates should forward their applications including a detailed curriculum vitae, and copies of their references, certificates and identity card to:
The Human Resources Manager
Botswana Ash (Pty) Ltd
Private Bag SOW 7
Closing Date: 12 December 2017
• Please note that correspondence and communication will only be conducted with short-listed candidates.