MORUPULE COAL MINE SEEKS TO INVITE SUITABLY QUALIFIED AND EXPERIENCED CITIZEN CANDIDATES FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITION:-
To acquire, manage and interpret geological data in line with coal exploration and mine geology best practice.
- Recommends and incorporates cost saving initiatives into budgets and controls expenditure within approved parameters.
- Acquire, analyse, manage and interpret geological data generated from underground, open pit and resource evaluation projects
- Creates and maintains and manage the coal resource models and dynamic resource models for optimal resource exploitation.
- Implements systems to monitor, update and publish resource models for use by stakeholders.
- Carries out grade control in order to obtain targeted resource quality.
- Initiates, monitors and controls short-term sectional projects to ensure attainment of desired results.
- Identified, coordinates and manages the implementation of and adherence to legal and corporate governance principles/requirements in area of responsibility.
- Maintains an up-to-date functional database on geological information.
- Identifies and liaises with key stakeholders to ensure achievement of business objectives.
- Identifies and implements creative and innovative ideas to continuously improve and sustain business performance.
- Assist in developing an effective MCM exploration and mine geology strategy.
- Develop processes, standards and procedures for relevant exploration and mine geology work in line with best practice guidelines.
- Responsible for the Prospecting License management including all aspects of regulatory compliance on license areas, including SHE.
- Design, manage and execute approved exploration projects as per plan and when required to take remedial action to achieve project objectives.
- Manage the appointed Competent Person service provider through a SLA and ensure regular interaction and service delivery.
- Conduct regular internal reviews on all exploration and mine geology work pertinent to the MCM.
- Adheres to all Safety Health and Environmental policies and procedures in area of responsibility.
Minimum Education, Training & Experience Requirements:
- BSc (Hons) relevant Geoscience degree plus minimum 8 years post qualification experience in an Exploration and Mining environment.
- Experience in coal exploration and mining projects will be an added advantage
- Membership of a professional body will be advantageous
- Valid Light duty Drivers’ license
- Understanding of SHE Management Systems (ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001).
- Knowledge of work processes involved in coal exploration, evaluation and mining.
- Planning and management of drilling exploration programs.
- Geological and geotechnical core logging and down-hole geophysical log interpretation.
- Core handling, core sampling and knowledge of coal quality analyses.
- Advanced knowledge of Grade Control and Resource reconciliation practices in an open pit and underground mines
- Advanced knowledge of computer aided resource modelling and estimation techniques.
- Advanced proficiency in using Micromine modelling software.
- Advanced proficiency in using GBIS Data Management software or any other comparable software.
- Good report writing skills and advanced knowledge of JORC guidelines for reporting of coal resources.
- Adaptability (Flexibility)
- Commercial Acumen
- Customer Orientation
- Decision-making (decisiveness & accountability)
- Driving for results
- Facilitating change & continuous improvement
- People (Team) Leadership
Closing date and application instructions
Prospective candidates must be medically and physically fit and willing to work in an Underground Coal Mining Environment and meet demanding schedules.
Candidates who meet the above requirements need apply with copies of certified certificates and comprehensive curriculum vitae addressed to:
Human Resources Advisor – Services
Morupule Coal Mine, Private Bag 35 PALAPYE
Closing date: 25 November 2016
PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND THROUGH FAX AND NOTE THAT RESPONSES WILL ONLY BE MADE TO APPLICANTS CONSIDERED FOR INTERVIEW.