Our Client, in the construction industry, has an exciting career opportunity and is looking for highly
skilled, dynamic and self-driven individual to join their growing team as a Quantity Surveyor.
To manage all costs relating to building and civil engineering projects, from the initial calculations to the final
figures, as well as, minimize the costs of projects and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required
standards and quality. This would also include ensuring that statutory building regulations are met.
The position will be responsible for among other things the following:
• Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the client.
• Undertaking cost analysis for repair and maintenance project works.
• Assisting in establishing a client’s requirements and undertake feasibility studies.
• Performing risk, value management and cost control.
• Advising on a procurement strategy.
• Identifying, analyzing and developing responses to commercial risks.
• Preparing and analyzing costing for tenders.
• Allocating work to subcontractors.
• Providing advice on contractual claims.
• Analyzing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports.
• Valuing completed work and arranging payments.
• Contracts management.
• Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
The right candidate will possess the following:
• A Bachelor of Science Degree in Quantity Surveying.
• A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in a civil or road construction environment.
• Project management experience is desirable.
The following competencies are required:
• Strong analytical skills.
• Strong business communication and presentation skills.
• Effective interpersonal skills.
• Contract management skills.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Good planning and organization skills.
• Excellent team and leadership skills.
• Be Ethical.
• High Integrity.
Apply before : Thu Dec 21, 2017