ASSISTANT FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT
Reporting to the company’s Financial Accountant and indirectly to the Finance Manager. The incumbent will be responsible for the following:
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise all disbursements to customers ensuring that they are performed timely.
- Review 100% of all disbursements to customers checking correctness of amount being paid, bank account, branch code, etc.
- Make disbursements to the company’s customers by both EFTs and Cheques
- Maintains the Fixed Assets register and tag all the assets timely.
- Reconcile the FA register and Pastel GL on monthly basis.
- Records additions and disposals timely and ensure that there is supporting documentation
- Calculates and process monthly depreciation.
- Perform other accounting duties as delegated by the Finance Manager
- Support the Finance Manager in his dealings with both external and internal auditors
- Internal controls, systems and procedures
- Risk identification
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met
Qualifications, skills & Experience
- Bachelor of Accountancy degree.
- ACCA/CIMA part-qualified or its equivalent is a prerequisite.
- 2-3 years in a financial services industry.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Knowledge of IFRS.
- Knowledge of auditing practices and principles.
- Pastel Partner would be an advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability in preparing accurate financial reports
- Above average numeracy skills
- Above average computer literacy
- Ability to apply accounting knowledge
Closing date and application instructions
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a comprehensive application complete with curriculum vitae, to email@example.com no later than 12th December 2016.
Powered by Jobs Botswana