Consulting Engineering Company is searching for Reliability Engineers for a project at a mine in Botswana. Travelling will be on an ex-pat basis 6 week onsite and 3 week in SA.
Qualification and experience:
- B.Eng. Mechanical/Electrical/Industrial Engineering degree or B.Tech / BSC.
- 3 + years experience
- Strong Optimization experience needed
- Industry background – mining
- Ensures availability and effective utilisation of machines, advises on improvements to equipment
- Responsible for running maintenance system
- Ensures breakdowns are handled effectively and promptly
- Keeping updated documentation of check sheets, maintenance tasks, job codes.
- Co-ordinate kaizen activities and 5 why analysis technique and ensuring that artisan in-charge is completing the task properly.
- Capture all maintenance information to the system and ensure that the system is always up to date.
- Make recommendations for improvements within specific area of responsibility.
- Ensures the all the spares required for maintenance are available and are according to quality specifications for shut downs.
- Prepare the monthly reports of Min Time Between Breakdowns (MTBB), Works orders created for the month (how many are completed or outstanding) and shut downs for the month for the plant, production and maintenance managers.
- Plan and lead maintenance shut meetings and then create the shut down job cards for the artisan that are going to be in charge of the shut and prepare shut down monthly report for the plant and production mangers.
- Responsible for running the monthly, weekly mechanical & electrical schedules and check sheets for maintenance and site services from the system and print them every week then give to artisans to do the checking and ensuring that all schedules and check sheets are completed on time as required.
- Responsible of creating the mechanical and electrically check sheets and schedules in the system and ensure that all artisans are completing their check sheets and schedules and then close them off from the system. Then prepare the report for the plant manager.