Research & Advocacy Officer
Inspired Horizons is a non-governmental, non-profit making youth organisation that aims to change the narrative of academic excellence and promote quality education in Botswana. The organisation’s mandate shares a core interest in line with both Botswana’s Vision 2016 pillar of ‘An educated, informed nation and the Sustainable Development Goal of ‘Quality Education’.
Mission: To actively promote a mindset-change in how society views academic excellence, and encourage the recognition of well-rounded and passionate young leaders.
Vision: To achieve a Botswana that systematically, institutionally and ideationally recognizes a new narrative of academic excellence, worthy of being nurtured and celebrated.
As Research & Advocacy Officer (OC4H) you will be responsible to conduct research related activities to generate the evidence base of the IHA Initiatives. This role will be key in establishing an evidence base for reports and other advocacy materials, as well as for the OC4H Toolkit.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop the OC4H Toolkit and adapt to project country contexts.
- Develop and implement an advocacy strategy to support a complex multiannual project. Support
IHA partners in developing and implementing national advocacy strategies.
- Coordinate evidence gathering and specific research to develop multiple yearly reports for
distribution to government, private sector and civil society stakeholders.
- Create keynotes and presentations, represent the programme at key meetings and conferences
- Support the Research and Development Initiative as necessary.
- Must be a Motswana citizen.
- A degree or equivalent experience in a relevant area.
- Proven experience creating technical materials for development projects
- Prior research experience, especially in education, skills development and youth unemployment.
- Proven experience developing and leading advocacy campaigns at national and/or global level highly desirable, especially in IHA interests.
- Knowledge of the complete project cycle
- Some experience and knowledge of ethics, compliance, and corruption and its impacts an
- Well organised, numerate, excellent communication skills and culturally knowledgeable
Submit your CV and a short cover e-mail outlining your suitability for the role: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: Apply as soon as possible.
For more questions get in touch with:
Executive Director: Kennedy Letlhogela; or send an email to email@example.com.