Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of Research Assistant with one of the leading research consultancy firm in Gaborone.
This is a part-time position.
-The Research Assistant (RA) will work under the direction of a research team comprised of the senior and expert research consultants.
-The RA collect information using various means (personal interviews, focus groups, meetings, email solicitations, etc.) from various sources (individuals, government and private agencies, businesses, the internet, etc.). Moreover, the RA will conduct searches relevant for academic writing, for instance, Journal articles for Literature review purpose.
-The RA will also work to analyse data and prepare reports (Quantitative and Qualitative results). Results will be presented by the team both in written form and orally at consultations and other meetings. The RA will also be responsible for proof-reading, editing and reviewing the reports to meet academic research standards.
-Training and mentoring will be provided on an ongoing basis by the expert consultants.
Academic experience in statistics and other research disciplines would be an asset. The successful applicant is expected to have:
– Strong research and analytical skills;
– Strong and proactive interpersonal skills;
– Excellent oral and written communication skills;
– Excellent team building and cooperative work skills;
– Good problem-solving skills;
– Strong results orientation;
– Personal willingness and ability to effectively adapt to, and manage, change.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The position will tentatively run from April 1, 2017, to August 31, 2017, in Gaborone. Exact schedule, salary and timing arrangements will be negotiated with the RA prior to signing a contract.
Although the RA may be able to perform some of the duties from home if desired, a computer will be made available for the RA’s use, as well as working space and internet access in a dedicated office space in Gaborone.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your application with a subject heading, iResearchRA to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should include:
– Cover letter
– CV or résumé that demonstrates relevant knowledge, skills, and experience
– Name and contact information for at least two professional referees familiar with the applicant’s character, skills, and experience.