MORUPULE COAL MINE IS A COAL MINING COMPANY IN BOTSWANA SITUATED 14 KILOMETRES WEST OF PALAPYE ALONG SEROWE/PALAPYE ROAD AND MINES COAL PRIMARILY FOR GENERATION OF ELECTRICITY IN BOTSWANA. THE COMPANY SEEKS TO INVITE SUITABLY QUALIFIED AND EXPERIENCED CITIZEN CANDIDATES FOR THE ABOVE POSITION.
To efficiently run the sales function in line with the marketing and sales strategy and develop plans to achieve the organisations’ marketing and sales strategy.
- Compiles and monitors the section’s budget, approves sectional expenditure within budget.
- Develops appropriate forecasting tools and trend analysis of future markets and product analysis.
- Reviews and assesses the adequacy of existing policies and procedures with appropriate recommendations for their improvement/update.
- Manages the routine operational and sales functions.
- Develops margin and price strategies which maximise competitive sustainability and profi tability for approval by the Marketing Manager
- Liaises with relevant plant/production personnel to ensure adequacy of product to meet customer demand.
- Assists in contract negotiations and their development with customers.
- Liaise with customers and their agents on sales trends, monthly stock reconciliations highlighting potential problem areas and making recommendations on corrective action where necessary.
- Undertakes marketing activities and interacts with customers to increase sales volume and create awareness.
- Identifies and liaises with key stakeholders to ensure achievement of business objectives.
- Identifies and implements creative and innovative ideas to continuously improve and sustain business performance.
- Resolves and responds to customer complaints timeously by facilitating investigations with relevant stakeholders such as the Operations/Finance departments and transporters.
- Ensures that employees are selected, deployed, trained, evaluated and rewarded in compliances with existing employee management systems.
- Adheres to and promotes safety, health and environmental policies and procedures in area of responsibility.
Minimum Education or Qualifications:
- Marketing degree
- Valid Light duty Drivers’ license
- Understanding of SHE Management Systems (ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001).
- Adaptability (Flexibility)
- Commercial Acumen
- Customer Orientation
- Decision-making (Decisiveness & accountability)
- Driving for results
- Facilitating change & continuous improvement
- People (Team) Leadership
Key Skills and Experience:
- 5 years in Marketing and/or Mining and/or heavy industry 3 years of which should be at supervisory level.
- Contract management knowledge/experience.
- Customer service management and/or relationships.
- Logistics management
We offer a competitive salary package. Prospective candidates must be medically and physically fi t and willing to work in an Underground Coal Mining Environment and meet demanding schedules.
Candidates who meet the above requirements need apply with copies of certifi ed certificates and comprehensive curriculum vitae addressed to:
Human Resources Advisor – Services
Morupule Coal Mine
Private Bag 35
Closing Date: Friday, 1 December, 2017
PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND THROUGH FAX AND NOTE THAT RESPONSES WILL ONLY BE MADE TO APPLICANTS CONSIDERED FOR INTERVIEW.