VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. 1 OF 2016 (RE-ADVERTISEMENT)
REF NO: OP 7/72/10 XII (85) 20th October 2016
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following the following vacancy in the Office of the President.
SECRETARY, DISTRICT ADMINISTRATION TENDER COMMITTEE
SALARY SCALE: D3 (P201 516 – P224 468 per annum)
LEAVE: 30 working days per annum
i. Optional Contributory Medical Aid Scheme (Government contributes 50% and employee contributes 50%).
ii. Contributory Pension Scheme (Government contributes 15% and employee contributes 5%).
QUALIFICATIONS: Higher National Diploma in Purchasing, Supply and Materials Management, Degree in Business Administration/Economics.
A minimum of eight (8) years post qualification experience in Purchasing, Supply and or Materials Management.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To provide technical advice to the District Administration Tender Committee (DATC) in decision making on submitted tenders in line with the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act (PPAD Act) and the Finance and Audit Act.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
– Plans and manages activities of the District Administration Tender Committee (DATC)
– Facilitates decision making by providing advice to the MTC on tender submissions in line with Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act and the Finance and Audit Acts.
– Recommends the review of the tendering policy to PPADB.
– Approves tender notices and Invitation To Tender (ITT).
– Monitors market price fluctuations and recommends appropriate measures
– Advises Departments in drawing-up specifications of items to enhance the concept of quality assurance through satisfactory service to the customer
– Monitors maintenance of tender numbering system for the Ministry
– Publishes the District Administration Tender Committee (DATC)decisions
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
– Drive for Results
– Integrity and Trust
– Problem Solving
– Command Skills
– Communicating Effectively
– Customer Focus
Applicants should quote the number of this vacancy circular and provide the following details;
– Full names, address, date and place of birth
– Brief summary of career with duties (Curriculum Vitae)
– Certified true copies of certificates and National Identity Card
– Two (2) copies of recent work related references (not more than six (6) months old)
– In case of serving officers;
i) Date of first appointment
ii) Present post, scale and date of appointment thereto.
– In case of candidates from parastatals and private sector organizations, please provide statement of salary or pay.
All applications from serving Public Officers must be routed through their respective Heads of Departments and Permanent Secretaries. Applications not so routed will not be considered.
Applications should be addressed to;
Permanent Secretary, Presidential Affairs, Governance and Public Administration
Office of the President,
Private Bag 001, GABORONE
Or hand deliver at Office of the President.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
CLOSING DATE: 14th November 2016
For any enquiries please contact 3950929 or 3950963