Overview of role
To plan, organise, monitor and supervise activities of the revenue accounting section to ensure strict adherence and compliance to accounting standards and procedures and international airline revenue accounting procedures. As an integral part of the finance function, the role will contribute to the overall timely and successful delivery of both internal and external financial reports.
- Auditing of all passenger sales transactions, reconciles accounts and resolves variances in accordance
- with relevant rules and procedures.
- Sales processing
- Refunds applications processing
- Travel Agents and General Sales Agents commission payments processing
- Revenue accounting system master data maintenance
- Preparation and processing of journal entries
- General ledger and revenue accounting reconciliations
- Stakeholder management
- Cost control
- Internal Controls and Compliance Effectiveness
- People effectiveness
Requirements, Education and Experience
- AAT or Accounting Degree qualification plus newly qualified ACCA, CA or CIMA
- Five (5) years post AAT/Accounting degree qualification of which two (2) should have been in a similar position.
- Airline accounting training/courses and experience will be an added advantage.
- Should be in good standing with BICA
- Expertise in computer systems
- Problem solving skills, particularly within the context of interfacing systems
- Administration skills and attention to detail
- Fast Learner
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work to tight and conflicting timelines.
- Adaptability in a dynamic and changing environment
- Sound understanding of key accounting principles and airline industry standards