To manage acquisition, interpretation and modelling of geological information as required by the Mineral Resource Management Department.
- BSc (Hons) Degree in Engineering Geology, Rock Mechanics or BSc (Hons) Degree in Applied/Mining Geology with post graduate qualiﬁcations in Engineering Geology or Rock Mechanics.
- At least 8 years post-graduation experience in mining environment of which 2 years should have been as a Geotechnical Engineer or equivalent level.
- Recognised professional registration, eg SANIRE or equivalent
- Light Vehicle Driver’s License
- SHE training
- Relevant Technical training
- Management Development Program
- Mineral Resource Management
- Slope Management
- Project Management
Key Effectiveness Areas
- Analyses the geotechnical section ﬁnancial needs to develop a budget and ensures sufﬁcient ﬁnancial resources to meet business needs.
- Manages and controls allocated funds and operates within approved parameters.
- Interprets geotechnical data to identify trends and constructs and/or validates, collates, integrates 3D Geotechnical models.
- Initiates and manages geotechnical investigations and research projects to provide technical solutions for current and future business requirements.
- Conducts slope stability analysis when required using limit equilibrium and numerical modeling techniques and recommends corrective action to manage the resultant slope failure risk.
- Investigates the need to update pit slope angle designs and then develops, evaluates and prioritizes geotechnical data acquisition schedule to optimize geotechnical data acquisition for input into the slope angle designs.
- Evaluates and carries out sensitivity slope stability analysis for slope angle optimization based on hydrogeological and geotechnical parameters.
- Manages and ensures implementation of slope angle design programmes.
- Ensures closure of internal and external review as well as audits recommendations of all Geotechnical processes to ensure that they meet Company standards.
- Evaluates pit risks assessments and develops pit failure hazard plans for each pit considering geotechnical conditions.
- Initiates and manages geotechnical investigations and research studies to provide technical solutions for the project.
- Ensures that all Geotechnical databases, models and documents are securely managed.
- Manages and coordinates the implementation of safety, health and environmental programs in area of responsibility taking cognizance of all legal requirements.
- Implements knowledge management principles through application of tools and methodologies to continuously improve and sustain business performance.
- Identiﬁes and implements creative and innovative ideas to continuously improve and sustain business performance.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with all key stakeholders and partners to ensure achievement of business objectives.
- Safety Focus
- People Management
- Change Leadership
- Strategic Business Thinking
- Stakeholder Management
- Values Driven
- Personal Effectiveness
Closing date and application instructions
Only candidates who meet the above requirements need apply enclosing a current curriculum vitae and certiﬁed copies of certiﬁcates: Email: recruitmentJWN@debswana.bw. Please indicate reference code JWNG000299 in the subject line on both the email and application letter.
Closing date: 11 November 2017. NB: Only short listed candidates will be responded to.