- Monitors Industrial Relations trends and recommends remedial action to be taken so as to ensure a positive Industrial Relations environment.
- Advises employees on the interpretation and application of relevant policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Investigates disciplinary and grievance cases
- Provides advice and secretarial services on grievances and disciplinary hearings to ensure procedural and substantive fairness in applying the Corporation’s policy and procedures.
- Create timely and reliable Industrial and Employee Relations dashboards for Industrial and Employee relations Manager, HR Business partners and line management.
- Counsels and guides staff on work-related issues in order to enhance employee morale.
- Plans and organises management/Union(s) meetings and provides secretarial services.
Policy and Statutory Compliance
- Represents and articulates the Corporation’s position in labour related disputes at mediation.
- Ensures compliance with collective labour agreement between management and Unions on shop floor matters.
- Contribute to the development of IR Policies and Procedures
- Ensures that all safety and loss control standards (Safety Health and Environmental) contained in the Corporation’s standards are adhered to by all training staff and trainees
Undertakes any other related duties as directed by the supervisor for the advancement of the Corporations objectives.
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Human Resources Management or related field.
Four years post qualification experience, two of which should have been in the Industrial and Employee Relations area.
- Communication Skills
- Relationship Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning organising and coordination skills
- Report writing skills
- Computer literacy
- Team orientation
- Service oriented
- Communicating with clients
- Manages diversity and complexity
- Changing people’s attitudes and behaviour towards Industrial and Employee Relations
- Compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements