To plan, develop and lead the implementation and evaluation of marketing and communication initiatives under the direction and support of Marketing and Communication Manager. The incumbent is also expected to be a driver of online and offline communications within the Marketing Function, Support Operations and build effective relationships with all stakeholders to maintain strong awareness of BPC services as well as support the attainment of short and long term performance targets of the Corporation.
The successful incumbent will be accountable and responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Conducts analysis and dissects Markets to enable the development of Marketing and Communication Strategies for BPC to realise its business objectives.
- Coordinates and monitors the implementation of demand side management programs aimed at the efficient use of short, medium and long term conservation of electricity.
- Identifies market place opportunities and recommends marketing and communication initiatives to maximise revenue and increase the customer base.
- Conducts market research into supply and demand and prepares demand forecasts for review by the Marketing and Communications Manager.
- Identifies and selects appropriate media vehicles to disseminate advertising and promotion messages to ensure that the appropriate audience is reached.
- Develops advertising messages, promotions and material for the approval of the Marketing and Communications Manager aimed at promoting the products and services of the Corporation regarding conservation and use of electricity.
- Manages branding attributes and initiatives by ensuring visibility and consistency through colour coordination, creativity, selective promotions etc. to promote the identity of the Corporation.
- Manages exhibitions, sales promotions and direct marketing and communications campaigns to ensure that all activities are executed in accordance with plans.
- Monitors and advises management on competitor moves and threats in market place and recommends appropriate Corporation responses to the market environmental situation.
- Liaises with Customer Services, review sales and customer base targets for the marketing and communications team’s intervention and monitors performance against targets.
- Communicates rural electrification Strategies and plans to District Commissioners, District Council Secretaries and full District Council to inform them on procedures and decisions to electrify areas.
- Allocates responsibilities and supervises marketing officers to ensure that the marketing objectives are met.
- Ensures that all safety and loss control standards (Safety Health and Environmental) contained in the Corporation’s standards are adhered to.
- Undertake such other related duties as directed by the supervisor.
Recognized Degree in Marketing, Communications or Equivalent
- At least five (5) years post graduate experience in corporate communications or marketing environment, of which two (2) must be Supervisory role.
- Knowledge of Graphic Design or equivalent design programs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Marketing and Communication best practices in:
- Marketing and Communication Automation for a business organisation in technology sector
- Social Media Network campaigns, growing and engaging customer base
- Planning, Organising, Coordination (Monitoring and Reporting)
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving, Innovation and creativity
- Networking, Partnering and Influencing
- Communication Skills
- Process Management
- Drive for Results
- Management Excellence
- Customer Focus
- Strategic Orientation
- Business Acumen
- Leading Change
- Team leadership
- Values, Ethics and Integrity
- Achieving targeted sales and consumption levels
- Provision of cost-effective and value-adding marketing services to the Corporation.
- Reaching out to potential customers in remote areas
- Influencing customers to adhere to Demands Side Management Schedules
- Coordinating the management of customer queries and complaints with various internal stakeholders with BPC
- Keeping abreast with technological changes and advancements
- Changing Business and Community mind-set and view of BPC’s brand and services