VACANCY CIRCULAR NO: 15 OF 2017
Applications are invited from highly motivated, experienced, proactive and self-driven citizens of Botswana for the above quoted 12-24 months contract position in South East District Council tenable in Ramotswa.
Vacancy: SENIOR QUANTITY SURVEYOR
Salary Scale: D4 (P187 716 – P207 240) per annum
Leave: 30 working days per annum
Qualifications: Degree in Building Economics/Quantity Surveying or related field.
Experience: At least six (6) years post qualification experience, two (2) of which must have been served as Quantity Surveyor I – C1 level in Government, or equivalent level or above in a parastatal or private sector organisations.
Benefits: Scarce skills allowance in accordance with the Directive on Attraction and Retention Policy.
A contract of 12-24 months with gratuity payable at the rate of 25% on the expiry of the contract.
Optional medical aid scheme (Government pays 50% and employee pays 50%)
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To plan, manage and to undertake overall responsibility of the performance and development of all quantity surveying works.
1. Prepares bills of quantities and specifications to guide in the preparations of the budget of the projects.
2. Monitors building projects progress to carry out cost control analysis in order to avoid possible cost overrun and suggests preventive measures.
3. Works out financial fluctuations in building projects for approval of the supervisor.
4. Collects relevant technical information required for preparation of terms of reference for consultant quantity surveyors and compiles the terms of reference and conditions necessary for engagement of consultant quantity surveyors.
5. Undertakes any other related duties as directed by Management.
Key Competencies Required
Drive for Result
Ethics and Values
Quote the number of this vacancy circular and provide the following details:
● Full name and contact details.
● Brief summary of career with duties (Curriculum Vitae).
● Certified copies of certificates and National Identity card.
• At least two (2) recent work related references.
• Candidates from Private or Parastatal organization should indicate basic salary.
In case of serving officers, the following should be provided:
• Date of first appointment
• Present post, salary scale and date of appointment thereto.
All applications from serving public officers should be routed through their Heads of Department and Permanent Secretaries. Applications not so routed will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
South East District Council
Private Bag 002
CLOSING DATE: 24th October 2017
NOTE: Applicants who do not meet the requirements of the post will not be responded to: For further information please contact: Human Resources at Tel: 5381227/5381228