A well-established international paints and coatings company requires the above to strategically manage and grow their industrial paints and coatings market share within South Africa.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Analysing market needs and developing successful sales strategies to assure maximum growth and profitability.
- Monitoring competitor’s developments and implementing adequate strategies to capitalize on opportunities for the premium and value line brands.
- Proposing necessary actions to correct deviations or make improvement related to sales, products and distribution channels.
- Monitoring sales performance as well as handling all sales and distributor related issues independently.
- Responsible for meeting profit objective established in sales volume and value, remaining with selling expenses budget and assuring contribution targets.
- Preparing sales forecast as well as marketing and support budgets.
- Achieve effective pricing to optimize profitability and stay competitive in the different markets.
- Adhering to defined KPI in terms of Product and/or Customer Management.
- Managing current customers, developing and growing the market share within their region according to the company’s strategy.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Preferably a qualified spray-painter or must have extensive spray-painting experience.
- At least 5 years sales and marketing experience in refinish.
- Previous sales experience is essential.
- Must have the ability to blend colours.
- Detailed technical and commercial knowledge of the refinish business and products.
- Strong customer focus and the ability to sell / influence / negotiate with customers and key stakeholders.
- Must reside in or be willing to relocate to Botswana.
- Must have well developed project management skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Outstanding English communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team.
Salary package is negotiable based on experience gained.