VACANCY CIRCULAR NO: 8 OF 2017
ADVERTISEMENT FOR THE POST OF SENIOR WILDLIFE RANGER II-B1
REF: WP/ADM 1/2/3 IV (41) DATE: 08 June 2017
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the above positions in the Department of Wildlife and National Parks under the Ministry of Environment, Natural Resources Conservation and Tourism.
SALARY SCALE: B1 (P59, 220 – P70, 752) per annum.
LEAVE : 20 working days per annum
BENEFITS : (i) Optional contributory Medical aid Scheme (Government pays
50% and employee pays 50%)
(ii) Contributory Pension Scheme (Government pays 15% and
Employee pays 5%)
QUALIFICATION: BGCSE or Equivalent with a minimum of 24 points
Botswana citizens both male and female (with no dual citizen)
Should be in possession of a valid Botswana National ID card (Omang)
Be physically and mentally fit
No adverse criminal records
All candidates shall undergo the selection process which includes both physical fitness assessment and comprehensive Medical examination
Successful candidates will have to undergo a 6 months Basic Para- Military Training.
EXPERIENCE: This is an entry-level position, no experience is required
The following are imperative:
Ethics and values
Integrity and Trust
The following Skills and Competencies will be an added advantage computer literacy and report writing skills
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To enforce Wildlife Conservation and National Parks Act, apply tactics and programmes to promote wildlife protection.
1. Issues permits/licenses to customers.
2. Undertakes law enforcement and problem animal control patrols
3. Provides tactical support and guidance to stakeholders on wildlife matters.
4. Contributes to the tactical training of Law Enforcement Units.
5. Collects Animal Control Data
6. Enforces Wildlife Conservation and National Parks Act and its subsidiary legislation.
7. Collects basic data on fish and wildlife populations for research and monitoring
8. Investigates and assess issues of problem animals and submits a report of such for compensation assessment.
9. Assists in activities pertaining to the management of National Parks and Game Reserves
Applicants should quote the number of this vacancy circular and give the following details;
a) Brief summary of career with duties (Curriculum Vitae) stating full name, address, date and place of birth.
b) Certified true copies of certificates (academic and professional) and National Identity card (omang)
d) All applicants should request for electronic CV format from email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org and must submit it electronically to the same emails
e) In case of serving officers;
i) Date of first appointment.
ii) Present post and date appointed thereto.