Wilderness Holdings is the holding company for Africa’s largest and most respected ecotourism Operator, Wilderness Safaris. The Group operates/markets more than 50 luxury safari camps in 8 African countries. Wilderness Holdings is listed on the Botswana Stock Exchange, with a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange in South Africa. The corporate head office is located in Gaborone, Botswana,
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
As part of the management team of Wilderness Holdings the Service Manager will contribute to the strategy and operation of the company to ensure the delivery of excellent service across the business promoting the Wilderness culture and creation of a high performing team within the business. The Wilderness Customer Service Manager ensures that service standards within the business exceeds international guest expectations. The aim is to provide excellent customer service and to promote this service culture throughout the organisation.
- The Service Manager reports to the Chief Operations Officer.
- The position involves work at various levels, from a Group perspective to a regional planning role to the head of the business and guiding the regional service managers in implementing the standards required for the Group.
- Additionally, mentor, train and manage the regional of the service managers on an ongoing basis in order to maximize efficiencies and employee development
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
- Setting service standards templates for the Wilderness Holding Group.
- Produce monthly service feedback results for the Group.
- Produce monthly service report for the regional MD’s.
- Ensure successful delivery particularly through effective engagement for the business.
- Regular interaction and communication with the relevant Executives to keep them informed and up-to-date on any new developments
- Contribute service information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews
The measurement of the above will not only be the timeous delivery thereof but will also ensure an improvement on the following for the region:
- Net Promoter Score [NPS] management
- Trip Advisor management
- Degree level or equivalent related to the tourism industry.
- At least 15 years of relevant experience within a service role of a medium sized company.
- Experience in the tourism environment is important.
- Previous history of, or ability to, development of Service processes in line with business changes would be advantageous.
- Understanding of International trade and cross country processes.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programmes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills,
- Leadership ability and ability to develop others,
- Motivate and mentor staff and trade partners.
- Ability to assess international source markets
- Identify trends and respond accordingly with products strategies that increase Wilderness business, financial results and maximize market share.
- Team worker with the ability to interface (and motivate) with a variety of departments and people.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, accountable, persistent, astute, organised, methodical, accurate and analytical.
- Ability to view, understand and contribute to decision making for the business at both a detailed and strategic level.
- Deadline and result orientated.
Closing date and application instructions
Only candidates who meet the above requirements need to apply by following the link below.
Closing Date: 17h00 on Sunday 28th August 2016
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE COMMUNICATED WITH