MORUPULE COAL MINE SEEKS TO INVITE SUITABLY QUALIFIED AND EXPERIENCED CITIZEN CANDIDATES FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITION:-
SHIFT OVERSEER (COAL CONVEYANCE)
To oversee shift operations on underground mine conveyors and ensure that production targets are met in a safe and cost effective manner.
- Manages risks in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Manages shift production activities in the district to ensure the achievement of set objectives and compliance with regulations.
- Ensures that Mining activities are done according to plan.
- Budgets for the section’s needs and ensures compliance to the budget.
- Monitors and manages the overall belt effectiveness.
- Ensures that employees are selected, deployed, trained, evaluated and rewarded in compliance with existing employee management systems.
- Adheres to and promotes safety, health and environmental policies and procedures.
- O’ levels plus Diploma in Mining or an Engineering qualification
- Relevant Blasting Licence.
- At least 5years experience in a mining field, at least 2 years should be on Belts
- Valid light duty Drivers licence.
- Knowledge of SHE management systems (ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001).
- Experience in an underground mine will be an added advantage.
Closing date and application instructions
Prospective candidates must be medically and physically fit and willing to work in an Underground Coal Mining Environment and meet demanding schedules.
Candidates who meet the above requirements need apply with copies of certified certificates and comprehensive curriculum vitae addressed to:
Human Resources Advisor – Services
Morupule Coal Mine, Private Bag 35 PALAPYE
Email: Recruitment@mcm.co.bw Closing date: 3 March 2017
PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND THROUGH FAX AND NOTE THAT RESPONSES WILL ONLY BE MADE TO APPLICANTS CONSIDERED FOR INTERVIEW.