- Supervises the technical support team. Handles complex escalated and unresolved support issues. Trains technical support specialists.
- Provides day-to-day supervision of the technical support team; responsible for the daily operations.
- Supervises, trains, sets individual expectations to meet department measures, and monitors and provides regular feedback to direct reports.
- Reviews reports and analysis for operational improvements.
- Resolves escalation of complex support requests.
- Works with the technical support manager on identifying process improvements and departmental capability.
- Provides customer follow up to ensure customer needs are met.
- Engages with the distribution channel and cross functionally to build collaborative relations.
- Recruits, staffs and schedules team members.
- Leads projects or provides resources to support process improvement projects.
- Mentors and coaches technicians in the region to improve capability.
Coach & Develop – Some knowledge and awareness about coach and develop as a skill. Recognizes how coach and develop behaviors impact business results and the Cummins environment.
Analyze Issues – Understanding of how to analyze issues. Demonstrates use of analysis skills to learn and analyze information in a timely way. Applies accurate logic in solving problems.
Cross-Functional Knowledge – Understands the basic high-level tasks for functional areas including Marketing, Technical, Supply, Logistics, Manufacturing, Service and Finance. Has experience in at least one functional area.
Distribution/Service Network Knowledge – Demonstrated results in communicating and working with Distributor personnel to complete performance plan objectives which require integration with the global distribution network. Can serve as a trainer/mentor for this skill.
Focus On Customer Needs – Familiar with key Cummins customers. Knowledge would include business strategies, organizational structures, geographic footprints, financial results, internal processes, and primary needs for effective segmentation.
Issue Management – Experience in issue management including maintenance of a cross-functional project issues list, with appropriate prioritization based on the issue’s level of importance, and full resolution and approval of a change to the project plan.
Performance Management – Has a good understanding of organizational values and goals, translates them into performance standards and applies and leads others through this process.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
College or technical trade school or equivalent degree, or equivalent experience, required.
Intermediate level of relevant work experience required. Team leadership experience preferred.