Job advertisement: Social Worker (1) Tenable inTlokweng
Date: 12th December 2017
Botswana Retired Nurses Society (BORNUS) is a non- profit-making organization which significantly raise awareness of the alcohol and substance abuse problem and reduce its impact on the individuals and their families.
BORNUS is seek Ministry of Health to implement, monitor and evaluate a multi-prongprogram that will address alcohol and substance abuse in Tlokweng and to mitigate its effects in the community. The awareness and education element of the program will target the general population, with particular focus on the youth. Remediation efforts will focus on those with a drinking problem through one-on-one counselling sessions and the creation of support groups.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of a Social Worker.
Main purpose of the job: To coordinate alcohol and substance abuse program by developing appropriate strategies for various target groups to address the problem of alcohol and substance abuse.
Your roles and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
1. Assist in the interpretation of alcohol and drug abuse policies to both colleagues, victims and community members.
2. Supervise and monitor Community Health Workers and Alcohol Counsellors’ performance.
3. Work together with her team to mobilize and educate the community on the dangers of taking excessive alcohol and substance abuse.
4. Arrange appropriate care and support with referral of alcohol and substance abuse clients to rehabilitation centres for further assessment and management.
5. Liaise with relatives and other professionals for continuous support of alcohol and substance abuse addicts.
6. Attend and contribute to workshops and meetings on alcohol and substance abuse in order to keep abreast with latest information on care and support.
7. Do regular visits to alcohol outlets and to be familiar with rules and regulations regarding their operations so as to guide clients and the community at large.
8. Carry out any other work at the exigency of the service.
• Interested candidates shave have at least Diploma/ Degree in Social Work with 2 years relevant work experience with a Non-Governmental Organization.
BORNUS offers a competitive remuneration.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Interested candidates must possess the following skill and competences:
• Attentiveness to detail.
• Good planner.
• Good leadership skills.
• Team player.
• Fast paced-decision making
• Be organised.
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements must quote the vacancy Ref. No and provide typed cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV), certified copies of certificates, Omang and a minimum of two (2) related references.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Human Resource Officer
Botswana Retired Nurses Society
P.O Box 301729
OR Hand delivered to Botswana Retired Nurses Society, Mafitlhakgosi ward, Tlokweng, Plot 5876, Next to The Dream Centre Day Care Centre.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview.
Hand written applications will not be considered.
Closing date: 15th December 2017.
Botswana Retired Nurses Society
P O. Box 301729, Tlokweng, Phone: 3132276, Fax: 313227, Email: email@example.com, Website: www.bornus.org