Date: Sep 25, 2017
Location: Gaborone, SE, BW
Company: Amdocs, Inc.
Job ID: 55629
Who are we?
If you’re a smartphone user then you are part of an ever more connected and digital world. At Amdocs, we are leading the digital revolution into the future. From virtualized telecommunications networks, Big Data and Internet of Things to mobile financial services, billing and operational support systems, we are continually evolving our business to help you become more connected. We make sure that when you watch a video on YouTube, message friends on SnapChat or send your images on Instagram, you get a great service anytime, anywhere, and on any device. We are at the heart of the telecommunications industry working with giants such as AT&T, Vodafone, Telstra and Telefonica, helping them create an amazing new world for you where technology is being used in amazing new ways every single day.
In one sentence
The Software Support Team Lead is a member of an expert team that provides Managed Service Operations for a customer, working closely with Comverse’s Customer Operations Manager (COM) and with the customer management. The Sftware Support Team Lead will be technical coordinator of the activities performed in Managed Services operations teams.
What will your job look like?
- You will coordinate activities performed in Managed Services operations teams during day to day operations and planned activities
- You will coordinate impact assessment for new installations, in addition to changes in existing ones
- You will create project plans to apply systems changes while considering all affected systems and parties
- You will follow up on system issues and interact with affected departments
- You will develop and build the team’s knowledge in Amdocs BSS solutions
- You will build, maintain and improve effective work processes
- You will review performance and service quality reports, and offer service improvements
- You will adheres to SLA / KPI requirements
- You will work directly with the customer operations teams and guarantees customer satisfaction
- You will be responsible for the daily tasks coordination
- You will collaboratie with Comverse management, R&D, tiers 3 and 4, and other internal service suppliers
- You will follow managed Services and support methodologies
- You will contribute to the ongoing improvement of Managed Services best practices
- You will keep track of all open issues and ensures their closure
All you need is…
- 5+ years’ experience in supporting Telco BSS/OSS solutions (i.e. Amdocs, Comverse, Redknee, Unisys)
- Understanding principles and main process workflows in Kenan or Comverse One BSS
- Conceptual knowledge about Kenan or Comverse One processes – their role and their relation to each other
- Experience of Linux, AIX, Oracle operational maintenance
- Conceptual understanding of Oracle database, Linux, AIX operation system, networking, SS7
- Understanding of IP protocols – TCP/IP, HTTP
- Understanding of Networking/Communications – LAN, WAN
- Understanding of various architectures (cloud, C/S, thin server, etc.)
- Understanding of programming (shell, pl/sql, perl)
- Foundational knowledge of ITIL
- Working well with demanding clients and under pressure
- Excellent customer-facing, project management, strong writing and verbal communication skills, interpersonal presentation and multi-tasking
- Self-motivated with ability to grasp new concepts and technical skills
- Service and business mindset and flexibility
Why you will love this job?
- You will be working in a multi-cultural and dynamic environment with the opportunity to travel to attractive world destinations to work at Amdocs offices.
- You will be working in a diverse technical team with exposure to many technical areas and domains.