Unit Head (Technology & Operations / MWS Operations / Wealth Services / J1999) (1700000716)
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise – here for good. See our Brand and Values
We are currently looking for a Manager – Wealth Management Operations
Leading the way in International Banking. With more than 86,000 employees in 68 countries, and a 150-year history in some of the world’s most dynamic markets, Standard Chartered is listed on the London and Hong Kong Stock Exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.
We have an opportunity for someone who:
· Handles and makes decisions regarding operational activities and irregular cases to ensure they comply with operational procedures and regulatory controls.
· Monitors expenditure exceptions against budget
· Is responsible for running and implementation of projects within the unit
· Proactively identifies and analyses inherent risks within processing unit and explores ways of minimising risk.
· Monitors and uphold service level agreements between ourselves and stakeholders.
· Ensures all transactions are processed in a manner which meets agreed service standards.
· Monitors performance against standards and provides feedback to staff.
· Reviews procedures and systems to make improvements and enhancements to current processes and practices within the processing unit.
· Implements changes once approval has been gained.
· Drives the development of systems and processes to automate payment operations to improve accuracy of transactions and to reduce costs.
· Manages, motivates and trains staff to ensure performance is optimised.
· Plans and constantly reviews staffing requirements to optimise capacity management for all full-time and part time staff.
· Manages relationships with external bodies (e.g. ISPs and Broker) to ensure mutually beneficial operating terms and procedures are agreed and provided.
· Drives service quality initiatives for own unit to achieve higher service quality standards for our critical links.
· Remains alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank’s efforts in combating it by adhering to key money laundering principles in relating to: knowing your customer, monitoring of accounts, reporting suspicious/unusual activities, safe guarding records and not disclosing suspicious to customers
· Encourages staff to engage in CDD/KYC campaign and meet required standard in understanding of frauds and money laundering.
· Maintains and encourages good industrial relations climate by ensuring that all potential and real disciplinary cases/ issues are addressed in a timely manner and are in accordance with the Human Resources Policy Manual.
· Report unit’s OR issues and losses to UORM
· Assists UORM in developing and updating of procedures, controls and monitoring plans for Operational Risk management
· Acts as OR coordinator for the section
· Adheres to the agreed KCSA plans and approach
· Identifies and reports all exceptions on non compliance with standard controls
· To identify and report all weaknesses inherit in the standard controls
· To maintain proper record keeping on all KCSA related actives
· To maintain independence in the conduct of KCSA i.e. not selecting and reviewing sample of self-performed transactions
· Ensure that all insurance companies are paid their premiums for Credit Life, House Owners Comprehensive and Mortgage Protection on time.
· Handle customer complaints and queries both internally and externally professionally to promote efficient service delivery.
· Promote teamwork and live the values of SCB
· Ensure that audit ratings are satisfactory or better.
· Ensure that Mortgage protection, Comprehensive and House Owners are renewed on time to cover the operating risk.
· Ensure that Insurance claims are paid in a timely manner.
· Ensure accuracy of transactional data.
· Ensure all fees and charges are collected accordingly.
· To ensure that you observe all Group control requirements as stipulated under Group Policy and also adhere to Compliance Risk Management by assisting in compliance with local regulators (Bank of Botswana and NBIFIRA) and all regulations, policies and procedures as laid down by the Bank as well as the Group.
· To make decisions on operational issues ensuring compliance with Departmental Operation Instructions (DOI) and maintain regulatory controls.
· Manage the day to day activities/work at the department and liaise with other units for the smooth running of the department.
· Implement and maintain efficient processing procedures and control zero operational losses.
· Ensure that all applications received are captured into the relevant systems, validated and submitted to ISP as appropriate, within the timelines stipulated in the SLAs.
· Ensure that policy numbers are updated on UTS weekly
· Ensure that post sales requests are handled as per DOI.
· To upload weekly files and track Exceptions for closure.
· Ensure that all commissions due are paid and processed.
· Ensure prompt update of Reconciliation trackers kept in the unit.
· Ensure that customer complaints and transaction irregularities are investigated and make appropriate recommendations to prevent similar occurrences.
· Ensure to run the Unit at a high level of operational efficiency and controls in conformity to group policies and DOIs.
· Prompt update of DOIs with new process changes and policies
Leading the way in International Banking. Standard Chartered is one of the world’s most dynamic and exciting international banks. Once you have joined the team, we offer many opportunities to expand and grow your career.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
· A Degree in relevant subject plus 5 years experience
· A broad and in-depth knowledge of banking practices with relevant working experience in operational units.
· An ability to handle independently and make decisions on variety of matters under varied circumstances.
· A good working knowledge of risk management.
· Must be client-oriented, as a primary responsibility is to ensure that the unit provides a high standard of customer service.
· Strong communications skills.
· Inquisitive, proactive, and goal oriented.
· Proven inter-personal and management skills.
· Good analytical skill to understand and improve workflow and enhance productivity.
· Ability to manage the operation of computer systems – eBBS, eBranch, UTS, Finantix, and THITO.
· Good PC skills – Spreadsheets, word processing, and presentations
Can think logically and pay close attention to detail, full of patience , persistence, and have the ability to perform complex and analytical work, especially under pressure.
Willingness to take on more responsibilities and other areas of work showing initiative to learn new ideas.
Possess an analytical mind and enjoys working with numbers.
Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and obtain results
· Self-starter who is also a team player with good communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to build relationships
Proposition 1 – A diverse culture
We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that’s free from bias, where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed in our brand promise – here for good.
Proposition 2 – Rewarding good performance
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our core values and mantra – here for good. And if you perform well consistently, we’ll give you the rewards you deserve. Are you looking for a career that can expand your horizons? We have one..
Proposition 3 – Career development
If you’re a bright mind with big ambitions, we’ll actively encourage you to fulfil your potential. Thanks to our rich and varied international footprint, we can offer exciting opportunities working across different countries and cultures. Apply Now and take the next step in fulfilling your potential.