Main Purpose of the Job
Reporting directly to the Manager Institutional Planning, the Planner Promotes the implementation of effective student support services, Academic services and Health and Wellness, as well as chronic disease management at institutional level. Create a proper work environment for the team, and manage its resources for achieving its goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advice the Head of Department, COO or CEO on student planning and welfare matters.
- Lead the development and implementation of the student welfare plans.
- Formulate policies and strategies in career guidance, health and wellness
- programmes, and counselling for students.
- Assist students to deal with stressful situations, setbacks and failures, frustration, conflict and boredom.
- Promote the creation of a supportive environment and academic system to reduce
- dropouts and to motivate students to excel in their academic endeavors. Promote the investment in student welfare infrastructure.
- Guide institutions on how to handle students with disabilities, illnesses or special needs.
- Develop and implement a continuous system of assessing whether education and training services offered to students are effective and efficient. Promotion of student retention and success at Institutional level.
- Knowledge of the HRD sector in Botswana.
- Knowledge of customer care/ stakeholder relationship management principles. Planning, organising, and resource management.
- Creativity, innovation, flexibility and analytical thinking. Results oriented and performance driven.
Qualifications: At least a Degree in Education Management from a recognised institution acceptable to HRDC.
Experience: A minimum of 7 years’ experience in planning or in a similar function within a Higher Education or technical & vocational educational and training environment.
Method of Application
Applications quoting the post being applied for and accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, names and addresses of three referees, one of whom should be an employer/most recent employer and/or immediate supervisor (including their telephone numbers and e-mail address where applicable), true and certified copies of educational/Professional certificates and transcripts, and references must be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Human Resources Development Council
Private Bag BR 108, Gaborone
Contact Telephone Number: 3930741
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for all adverts: 3rd February 2017