Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, to plan, organise and control the procurement of inventory and stores of the Corporation thus ensuring that user departments are timeously and adequately supplied with materials in a cost efficient manner.
- Develop corporate supply policies, procedures and tender regulations to ensure the integrity of the corporate supply process.
- Develop strategies and targets for the management of corporate inventory levels.
- Develop appropriate procurement strategies for the corporation.
- Identify high value materials and negotiate long term supply contracts to ensure optimal purchasing of the Corporation’s strategic materials and services.
- Provide technical advice and secretarial services to the Corporations Tender Committee, as well as an adjudication control service for both Management.
- Tender Committee and Board Tender Committee.
- Provide specialist advice to Divisional procurement and stores managers.
- Develop and implement strategies and policies covering all corporate service lines provided by supply chain including property and fleet management.
- Degree in Supply Chain Management or Equivalent
- CIPS membership, or equivalent will be an added advantage
- Minimum 8 years post qualification experience in procurement or materials management.
- At least 5 years at management level in the materials function in a medium to large organisation.
- Negotiation skills.
- Managerial, technical and financial competence.
- Strategic thinking and business acumen.
- Decision making and drive for results.
- Leadership, values, ethics and integrity.
Please note that the following vacancies should be delivered to the following adress:
P O Box 301789, Tlokweng
Plot 171, Oasis Motel Complex Unit 6.
email@example.com (Please indicate the position applied for in the emailsubject line)
Powered by Jobs Botswana