Overview of role
This role is a key interface between Reservations and IT inter alia working on the reservations technology, supporting the team in the use and application of this technology, specialising in the technology associated with dealing with group tours; ensuring optimal use of the report functionality of TourPlan; identifying problems with the use of TourPlan and seeking to resolve these in conjunction with the relevant IT and systems staff.
This role is also required to advise on reservations processes and how these interface with the technology used, ensuring knowledge management of developments.
- Manage databases or computer systems that provide key information for business purposes
- Work with a complex tour operator reservations technology software – TourPlan
- Identify problems with the use of TourPlan and seek to resolve these in conjuction with the relevant IT and systems staff
- Advise on reservations processes and interface with the technology used
- Ensure knowledge management of developments
Requirements, Education and Experience
- Tertiary qualification in information management systems, information systems, software support
- or related disciplines plus 7 years of relevant experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience in management of databases or computer systems that provided key information for business purposes
- At least 3 years’ experience in working with a complex tour operator reservations technology software preferably with TourPlan. This experience needs to include: working with data definitions, scoping of business reports required, ensuring data validation and interpretation of report as well as training of staff on TourPlan, documenting of systems developments, systems testing
- At least 3 years’ experience in high level organisation and administration, implementing systems and processes, working to tight deadlines and under pressure
- At least 2 years’ experience at the first level of management working with a team of at least 3 staff members: delegating work to them, managing their performance against company standards, mentoring and developing them on the job, dealing with any performance or misconduct problems
- High level numerical skills with experience in analysing data, data validity
- Highly professional including being well presented and well spoken
- Computer literacy skills, using Outlook and Excel
- Driver’s license
Closing Date 12 March 2018