Closing date: 23 Mar 2017
Chemonics seeks a logistics management unit (LMU) manager for the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program: Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM). GHSC-PSM is the primary vehicle through which USAID: 1) procures and provides health commodities; 2) provides technical assistance to improve partner countries’ management of the supply chain; and 3) collaborates with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives. The LMU manager will advise on commodity supply and consumption issues to staff in the LMU within the Central Medical Stores on commodity supply and consumption, oversee the logistics management information system and data collection processes, and liaise closely with the Central Medical Stores and the Botswana Ministry of Health. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Manage the health commodities distribution system and logistics management information system, including overseeing compilation of reports from LMU software, evaluating data, and participating in regular review of logistics systems' performance
- Regularly liaise with Ministry of Health and Central Medical Stores warehouse operations to monitor inventory levels, processing of orders, and dispatch of goods to customers to ensure LMU logistics data is regularly used as a basis for commodity replenishment requests
- Manage the LMU on a day-to-day basis, including management of staff and interns
- Work with the dolutegravir (DTG) scale-up project manager to ensure security of DTG supply chain and end-to-end visibility
- Bachelor's degree in pharmacy, clinical laboratory sciences, medical laboratory technology, or logistics and supply chain management required; Master's degree preferred
- Minimum five years of experience working with logistics data collection and/or analysis
- Experience managing staff
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Proficiency in English required
How to apply:
Please submit an electronic version of your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 23, 2017. Please include "Logistics Management Unit Manager" in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.