The purpose of the job is to:
- To assess, understand and manage the risks associated with telling transactions, and other functions carried out by subordinates
- Authorise encashments of cheques; withdrawals referred by tellers within personal limit and according to laid-down instructions.
- Refer cheque, card and savings withdrawals over authorised limit
- Provide an efficient service ensuring accuracy of transactions, and where possible identification of migration and sales opportunities.
- Monitor tellers’ productivity, service standards, quality and accuracy of work.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist in balancing of cash.
- Monitor teller differences and ensure that laid down instructions are adhered to.
- Scrutinise balance specifications.
- Ensure cash summaries and indemnity forms are completed.
- Attend to and scrutinise the locking away register.
- Ensure that the frontline area presents a tidy, professional image to customers.
- Distribute and read special alert circulars.
- Update arrangements with companies and firms
Preferred Qualification and Experience
Preferred qualifications and experence include:
- Business Related Degree
- At least 2 years branch banking experience, with exposure to telling and customer service.
- Institute of Bankers or related qualification would be an added advantage.
Technical Knowledge required is as follows:
- Identify cross-selling and migration opportunities and sell products/services reactively.
- Participate in tactical sales/marketing activities as required.