The incumbent will be responsible for overall management of cash and the supervision of Tellers. This involves Monitoring tellers’ productivity, service standards, quality and work accuracy as well as risk management within tellers department.
experience and qualifications
- Diploma in Accounting & Business Studies (DABS), Botswana Institute of Bankers Diploma will be an added advantage.
- Lead, manage and develop direct reports by providing guidance and coaching against all key result areas set.
- Carry out monthly Performance Management conversations with direct reports.
- Ensure customer related enquiries and complaints are handled more efficiently and effectively to avoid escalation.
- Ensure Tellers are sufficient for ‘peak/valley’ periods and plan staffing in advance.
- Approve, validate, verify and authorize teller transactions.
- Ensure that the teller area presents a tidy, professional image to customers.
- Control cost related to cash holdings / limits.
- Pro-active management of errors and teller differences (Manage loses due to teller differences against set target).