MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT AND FOOD SECURITY
DEPARTMENT OF VETERINARY SERVICES-CENTRAL DISTRICT
REFERENCE: CD1/1/5/1 I(31)
TEMPORARY ASSISTANT SCIENTIFIC OFFICER/TECHNICAL OFFICER(25 POSTS FOR 4 MONTHS EXTENDABLE)
Applications are invited fom suitably qualified Batswana for the above mentioned posts tenable in various extension areas of Central District(Mokobeng, Makwate, Kalamare, Dibete, Taupye, Shoshong, Ratholo, Mogome, Mabesekwa, Palapye, Sepako, Dukwi Quarantine, Nata, Kumaga, Xhumu, Toromoja, Kedia, Mmashoro, Mabeleapodi, Thabala, Serowe, Bobonong, Molalatau, Mmadinare and Motlhabaneng )
SALARY SCALE: Diploma-C4 & Degree –C3(First Notch)
LEAVE DAYS: 25 working days per annum
QUALIFICATION: Applicants must be in possession of Diploma or Degree in Animal Health/Animal Science.
KEY PERFOMANCE AREAS:
– Attend Clinical cases and advice farmers on Animal Health and welfare matters(Farming training).
– Undertake disease surveillance, prepare and submitting samples to Botswana National Veterinay Laboratory
– Issuance of electronic livestock movement permits according to BAITS regulations.
– Implementation of BAITS and market compliance
– Keep all records of activities in the extension area
– Supervise and appraise subordinate staff
– Undertake any other duties assigned by the supervisor to meet the exigency of the service.
QUOTE THE REFERENCE NUMBER OF THIS VACANCY CIRCULAR AND GIVE THE FOLLOWING DETAILS
a)Full name and the postal addresses and contact numbers.
b)Brief summary of career with duties(CV)
c)Certified copies of academic certificates and National Identity Cad(Omang)
APPLICATION SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO
District Veterinary Officer-Central
Department of Veterinary Services
Po Box 64
Hand delivered to
Department of Veterinary Services,Serowe
Next to Serowe Police
Closing Date 17 November 2017
– Department will not provide accomodation.
– Applicants should indicate extension Area of preference.It does not necessarily mean that one will be placed in the area of preference.Only short-listed candidates will be responded.
– Only applicants without adverse criminal record may apply
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION,PLEASE CONTACT ADMINISTRATION AT 4630344