Vacancy Number: 5 of 2017
Vacancy Position: Temporary Gatekeeper
Salary/Wages: P 1 991.00 per month
Leave Rate: 20 working days per annum
Salary Scale: A1
Contract Duration: 6 months
The Ministry of Agriculture herein North East through the Department of Veterinary Services invites suitably qualified Botswana citizens for the positions of Temporary Gatekeepers. The duration of the post is six (6) months and is tenable in various Checkpoints along the protection zone of:
• Bisoli Vet Gate
• Sekukwe Vet Gate
• Tshesebe Vet Gate
• Tsamaya Vet Gate
• Themashanga Vet Gate
• Vukwi I Vet Gate
• Kgari Vet Gate
• Kalakamati Vet Gate
• Old Matsiloje
Applicants are further informed that accommodation and transport will not be provided, therefore, applicants must be residing nearer or around these checkpoints.
Main purpose of the job
• Enforcement of livestock movement protocol through searching of vehicles and members of the public at designated disease control check point
• Ensure that members of the public adhere to vehicle, foot bath dipping, spraying requirements at all check points.
• Drives livestock away from such check points and disease control cordon fence.
• Register livestock by-products and other substances not allowed entering or leaving the zone as per requirements from movement protocol requirements in the register book.
• Dispose such products as directed by supervisor.
• Report disease control infrastructure breakages around the check point within 24 hours.
• Undertake any other duties as assigned by the supervisor to meet the exigencies of the service.
• Minimum of Botswana General Certificate in Secondary Education.
• Physically and mentally fit.
• Without any criminal record.
• Must be aged between 18 – 45 years.
• Quote the vacancy and reference number of this advert.
• Indicate their area of interest.
They should also provide the following details:
• Full names, address, date and place of birth
• Recent certified copies (less than 3 months) of certificates and national identity card (Omang).
• At least two (2) recent references
ALL APPLICATIONS WITHOUT THE ABOVE DOCUMENTS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
NB: Posting to various checkpoints will be based on individual performance.
Applicants previously engaged by the aforementioned department in a period of a year and less will not be considered.
Applications should be addressed to:
Principal Veterinary Officer
P. O. Box 19
Or hand delivered to:
Plot no. 9804, Opposite Botswana Telecommunications Authority offices, near the former BMC circle
Closing date: 17th October 2017
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT MR. M.D. MACHACHA, Ms S. MMONADILO & Ms G. SELEDI ON 2413425