TOSMA FEEDS (PTY)LTD is a newly established company that will start operations in January 2018. Our company is a FEED MILL company that will be manufacturing all animal feeds.
We have the following vacancies:
1. PRODUCTION MANAGER
Production Manager responsible for overseeing the production, quality, costs and safety of the mill which produces feed for animals.
-Review production records
-Schedule feed production
-Keep inventory of feed ingredients and order as needed
-Test and review feed/grain quality
-Schedule employee shifts and keep track of employee time
-Handle customer questions and complaints
-Evaluate operating procedures
-Set quality assurance standards
-Prepare and monitor monthly, quarterly and yearly budgets
-Stay up to date on new technology and ways to make process improvements
-Train new employees and provide development opportunities
-Ensure all employees are trained on safety and continue to stay up to date
-Maintain filling equipment and other equipment needed to perform duties such as loaders, scales etc.
-Certificate in animal production , poultry science or feed mill management.
*Direct entry allowed.
2. PLANT MANAGER
Direct and administer the operation and scheduling of the plant and warehouse operations to achieve the production goals and customer expectations in the most efficient and cost effective manner.
· Achieve common business goals through cooperative alignment with all departments.
· Follow all plant safety requirements established to protect employees and company assets, trains employees to those documents.
· Participate in planning and recommending personnel, machinery, and equipment to achieve production goals at optimum cost.
· Direct, motivate, develop, train and discipline employees within area of responsibility.
· Maintain ‘On- Call’ status
· Complete safety reports and investigations.
· Participate in yearly budget development.
· Approve basic expenditures for the operation within guidelines of the manager.
· Follow product quality assurance requirements to protect employees and company assets, and train employees to those requirements.
· Follow all established plant housekeeping and recordkeeping requirements keeping all areas of the plant and grounds clean and organized, and train employees to those requirements.
· Operate all plant equipment within established procedures.
· Lead customer feedback investigations.
· Complete, collect and organize necessary production records and equipment checks in a timely manner
· Communicate any Quality, Maintenance, or Safety issues to management.
· Contribute to the team environment by sharing ideas towards continuous improvement.
· English skills must be proficient to understand, read, write and speak.
· Certificate in Plant Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
· 1 years of supervisory experience required
· 2 years of manufacturing experience required
· Feed mill or grain manufacturing experience preferred
· Computer Proficient
· Time management and organizational skills
· Advanced knowledge of mechanical and electrical functions
· Basic computer skills, Excel, Word, Outlook
• Standing, walking, climbing stairs, & sitting for extended periods of time. Occasional unassisted lifting or moving up to 40 pounds. Vision acuity for viewing of computer screen & documents. Hearing ability for direct & phone communication.
• Required to bend, stoop, kneel, push, pull, reach, and climb stairs . Standing for extended periods of time. Unassisted lifting, moving and/or carrying up to 60 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The General Manager
P O Box 11815
Closing Date 29/09/2017
For more information call: +267 72516240