Purpose of Assignment:
The consultant is expected to establish and take the platform to scale, develop a concrete strategy to reach communities, gather relevant information, and use that information to in turn empower communities to address child-specific issues as well as to exert influence on local, regional and national stakeholders as part of a larger governance and accountability strategy.
Scope of work (Work assignment)
Adaptation of U-Report and other Real-Time Information platforms to Botswana context
- Support the establishment of a National Steering Committee in gathering and refining requirements for the deployment of U-Report.
- Work in close collaboration with the National Steering Committee to develop and implement the U-Report Implementation Strategy for 2018.
- Work with the UNICEF Communication Officer and Program Staff to ensure relevance of U-Report for program implementation, knowledge transfer and skills acquisition.
- Create Standard Operating Procedures and a Road Map to guide enhanced utilization of the U-Report platform.
- Work closely with the vendor to ensure the technical integration of the RapidPro platform and U-Report website are suitable to Botswana’s needs.
- Liaise with Botswana Communications Regulatory Authority and Mobile Network Operators to ensure effective management of required mobile services. Where necessary engage with technical service providers to support the adaptation / development of new products in line with requirements of The Government of the Republic of Botswana.
- Work with UNICEF Global and Regional U-Report experts/advisers to ensure that U-Report Botswana is aligned with the global application.
- Coach and guide the National Steering Committee, on aspects including branding, content, and advocacy efforts.
Refer to attached ToRs for details.
The system will direct you to “How to Apply” page. Should you have any challenges with application, please contact email@example.com.
Closing date for the application is 27th October 2017
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=507936