The role of the Underwriter’s role is to analyse and underwrite new and existing policies effectively within delegated authority limits to achieve agreed levels of underwriting performance by providing technical underwriting support and assistance.
To provide high quality service and solutions to brokers and customers to ensure business retention and growth and to provide effective qualitative underwriting and to demonstrate specialised product knowledge.
Key Tasks & Accountabilities
- Achieve targeted underwriting profit through utilisation of underwriting skills
- Growth and retention of business
- Provide qualitative service levels to internal and external stakeholders
Your Skills and Experience
- Degree/ Diploma in Risk management and Insurance, or any Business/ Finance related degree
- Minimum of 3 years underwriting experience, preferably in Commercial and Specialised Underwriting
- Sound understanding and knowledge of Botswana Insurance and Reinsurance market
- Sound knowledge of how to optimise underwriting performance at a policy and portfolio level
- Sound knowledge of statutory and legislative requirements
- Expert technical knowledge and understanding of underwriting principles
- Commercial and Specialised knowledge
- Financial and Business acumen
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong Numeracy skills
- Strong underwriting skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Sound leadership skills
- Computer literacy : sound Excel skills preferable
- Good relationship building skills
- Sound interpersonal skills
- This role is based at our office in Gaborone and Francistown
- Your application will only be considered should you meet the minimum requirements of the vacancy.
- If you have not received a response within 14 days from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- The company reserves the right not to fill this position.
- If you are looking for an opportunity to grow and develop and truly be part of a global family, please click on the “Apply online” button and complete your personal profile.
Kindly review your application from time to time to monitor the status of your application
DEADLINE: 20 JAN 2017