Unitrans Botswana, a road freight and fuel and chemical transportation, distribution and logistical Company requires the services of experienced Botswana citizens to fill the following vacant position at its Head Office in Gaborone.
The incumbent will provide procurement support across all Unitrans Departments. Reporting directly to the Technical Department, bulk of his/her duties will be procurement of spare parts and related auto equipment. Some of the specific duties and responsibilities will include:
• Preparing and issuing request for quotations or proposals;
• Supporting the process of receiving, opening and evaluating vendor bids and quotations;
• Working closely with stores staff to verify the delivered stores items for completeness of requested quantities and compliance with quality specifications;
• Ensuring safe custody and systematic filing of purchase orders, agreements and all relevant procurement documentation;
• Monitoring contractor/vendor performance to ensure compliance with all terms and conditions of the pro curement agreements;
• Preparing and issuing Purchase Orders for respective suppliers or service providers;
• Following up vendor invoices to ensure timely payment;
• Coordinating user visits to respective vendors for inspection of available stocks to guide the bids evaluation and award decision-making process;
• Organising Procurement Committee meetings and providing secretarial support services during meetings to consider vendor award offers;
• Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience: The ideal candidate should:
• Preferably hold a diploma in procurement & supply chain management/level 4 diploma in cips, or equivalent;
• Have a minimum of three years experience in procurement and supply chain management in a busy and reputable organization;
• Have a workable knowledge of auto spare parts procurement and management ;
• Possess a driver’s licence; • Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to work in a busy environment and under minimum supervision;
• Computer skills in ms office and sa
He/she must have an acute sense of cost control and efficiency as well as moral integrity.
A minimum of three years post-qualification experience in a heavy vehicle workshop and dangerous goods transportation environment will be an added advantage.
Please apply in writing giving as much detail as possible on each of the following:
• Dates of employment; length of service at each employer; Relevant work experience ; and salary at each position held.
Applications that do not meet all of the above requirements will not be considered. Only persons with traceable references need apply to:
Human Resources Manager
P.O. Box 426
OR e-mail to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 10th April, 2017