The U.S. Mission in Botswana is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Motor Pool Supervisor. OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates / All Sources CLOSING DATE: December 7, 2016 WORK HOURS:Full-time 40 hours/week
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Under the general supervision of the Logistics Manager, incumbent manages the development, implementation, and administration of the Motor Pool program from the standpoint of funds, staff, facilities, program equipment, and other resources. Plans, directs and coordinates motor pool operations and maintenance for the Embassy and associated agencies. Directly responsible for fleet management and preventive maintenance of approximately 54 vehicles. Oversees the preparation of required reports, monitors fuel consumption and mileage, and ensures that procurement of parts, fuel and other automotive services are consistent with United States Government or local regulations. Directly supervises a Dispatcher and approximately 8 drivers in the motor pool.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP**
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of the most recent Member Copy Four (4) of the DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and, if applicable, a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. If claiming conditional eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference, applicants must submit proof of conditional eligibility. If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veterans’ preference will not be considered in the application process. Mission HR’s decision on eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference after reviewing all required documentation is final.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
1. Management may consider any of the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
2. Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
3. Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
4. The candidate must be able to obtain and hold the following: local security certification
5. Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website or by contacting Human Resources. (See “For Further Information” above);
2. Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)
Powered by Jobs Botswana