SALARY SCALE: D2 (P238 668, – P263, 508) per annum.
VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. 01 OF 2017
REF: MYSC 4/4/32 TEMP (47)
The above vacancy exists in the Ministry of Youth Empowerment, Sport and Culture Development under Policy Development and Research. A talented, proactive, self-driven and visionary candidate is therefore sought to fill the above mentioned position at Line Ministries.
Leave: 30 working days per annum.
a) Optional Contributory Medical Aid Scheme. (Government pays 50%, Employee pays 50%).
b) Contributory Pension Fund (Government pays 15% employee pays 5%).
Qualifications: Degree in Youth Work or Social Work. Training in Project Management (Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation, Strategic Management, Policy Analysis) will be an added advantage.
A minimum of ten (10) years relevant post qualification experience two (2) of which should have been served at the level of D3 in the Public Service or equivalent level in a Parastatal or Private Sector Organization.
• Strategic and Analytical Thinking
• Functional/Technical Skills
• Managing Vision and Purpose
• Priority Setting
• Managing and Measuring Work
• Drive for Results
• Timely Decision Making
• Decision Quality
Purpose of the Job:
To plan, coordinate and provide leadership in the implementation of Youth Programmes in Line Ministries.
Key performance areas:
• Provide leadership and coordinate all youth initiatives related to the Line Ministries to ensure effective implementation of the National Youth Policy.
• Advise the Ministry of Youth Empowerment, Sport and Culture Development on all matters pertaining to youth programme development and coordination within the Line Ministries.
• Function as a contact person for youth issues and advises youth practitioners accordingly.
• Advocate for policy harmonization on all aspects related to young people.
• Ensure full integration of youth matters into policy and programmes formation in Government and Non-Governmental Organisations including the Private Sector.
• Identify and facilitate research areas on youth matters for strengthening youth databank.
• Responsible for exploring opportunities for youth to have Line Ministries extending their activities to cover increased youth programmes.
• Develop innovative approaches that could enhance youth programming in all youth thematic areas as addressed in the Youth Policy.
• Liaise and collaborate with the Youth Desk in youth development initiatives.
• Propose to the Line Ministries enactment of youth friendly new policies and revision of existing ones.
• Initiate feasibility studies and analysis of projects initiated by relevant stakeholders, role players and beneficiaries in the area of youth development.
• Liaise with other stakeholders in the planning, coordination and implementation of youth programmes.
• Develop youth plans aligned to required actions specified in the National Action Plan.
• Compile reports on youth programmes and activities in the area of operation.
• Identify, develop and organize workshops and seminars relevant to functions of the Line Ministries in the order to equip youth with necessary skills for their development.
• Prepare bi-annual reports on youth activities. Identify needs, progress made, problems encountered and makes recommendations for consideration.
• Report on quarterly basis to the Youth Multi-Sectoral Committee on the progress made.
• Execute any other duties as assigned by Management.
Quote the number of the vacancy circular and give the following details:
● Full name and contact details.
● Brief summary of career with duties (Curriculum
Vitae and current basic salary).
● Certified copies of certificates and National Identity card.
• At least two (2) recent work related references (not more than 2 years).
In case of serving officers, the following should be provided:
● Date of first appointment
● Present post, salary scale and date of appointment thereto.
All applications from serving public officers should be routed through their Heads of Departments and Permanent Secretaries. Applications not so routed will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Youth Empowerment, Sport and Culture Development
Private Bag 00514
Hand Deliver at MYSC, Central Business District (CBD), behind High Court of Botswana, sixth (6) floor, Records Management Unit.
In addition, applicants are required to submit an electronic summary of their CV. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to request for the required CV format.
Closing Date: 24th February 2017. For further information required contact the Human Resources Office on: Phone: 3682600.