Orange invites candidates who wish to be part of a dynamic workforce to apply for the above position.
Reporting to the Innovation and Development Lead, the successful candidate will be responsible for the end to end conceptualisation, engineering, development and implementation of the business offers and products on the VAS platform.
The main duties include but are not limited to:
- To deliver best in class offers and products are developed as per the stipulated TATs.
- Responsible for the end to end creation of offers and 3rd party integrations on the various VAS service platforms; USSD, OM, mVAS, APP server.
- Responsible for the end to end think and build relating to APIs for all new integrations on services platforms.
- Responsible for the end to end think and build of business offers, products and applications solutions as per the agreed TAT with business.
- Responsible for following and delivery as per the business roadmap and customer journey.
- Carry out thorough end to end testing and UAT with business on new offers and services and acceptance before offer launch.
- Document all internal developments and all business offers, products and applications delivered to business.
- Responsible for handing over offers and solutions developed to operations teams.
- To develop innovative solutions and applications internally to enhance new or existing solutions, services and products.
- Log all changes and solutions developed in the service platforms for business continuity.
- To work with service management team on the change and release management for all the changes implemented in the service platform.
- To support where necessary the operations teams to troubleshoot any issues and or any projects linked to service platforms.
- To support other engineers and perform any other duties as delegated by the lead and the manager.
- Customer oriented and focused
- Strong ability to create with an eye for detail
- Very good knowledge of programming and scripting language, web development, GSM and related protocols, IP fundamentals
- Ability to work with confidential information
- Good time management, organizational & project management skills
- Excellent software developmental skills and with traceable record on products developed
- Innovative and able to work under pressure.
- Outstanding skills on xml, php, curl, unix and Linux.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, IT or Telecommunication Engineering.
- 2 years’ experience in a telecommunications environment with emphasis in software developments.
Closing date and application instructions
Interested candidates who meet the minimum requirements can submit their applications, updated CV and certified copies of their academic certificates to:
The subject window on email should only contain the title of the position being applied for.
Closing date: 27th October 2017
Kindly note, that Orange Botswana shall only correspond to short-listed candidates.