CMA CGM, founded by Jacques R. Saadé, is a leading worldwide shipping group. Its 449 vessels call more than 420 ports in the world on all 5 continents. In 2016, they carried 15.6 million TEUs (twenty-foot equivalent units).
Now headed by Rodolphe Saadé, CMA CGM enjoys a continuous growth and keeps innovating to offer its customers new maritime, terrestrial, and logistical solutions.
With a presence in 160 countries and through its 600 agencies network, the Group employs 29,000 people worldwide, including 2,400 in its headquarters in Marseilles.
Positioned at Gaborone, you will be in charge of the promotion of maritime and intermodal services offering and the development of the activity with new customers in your geographical area. You will also be responsible for a customer portfolio that you ensure the loyalty.
As part of your duties, in collaboration with the Agency and Cluster Director, the Head of Sales and the Regional Office team, you must:
– Manage a portfolio of clients in a given geographic area, prospect new clients, visit your clients and track them.
– Sell maritime and intermodal services within a global offer (multi-services such as all modes transport, contract logistics, procurement and supply management, engineering, flow management, network design …), to ensure the response call for tender and be the guarantor of customer satisfaction.
– Proactively plan your actions within the framework of the realization of your commercial objectives in compliance with the fixed budget and to ensure a commercial reporting of your perimeter.
– Monitor the receipts of customers in your portfolio in coordination with the financial department concerned.
– Enhance the necessary business monitoring tools as requested by Headquarters and ensure compliance with company procedures.
On a permanent basis, you may be required to participate in market research to ensure the correct identification of the market, the competition and the customers.
PROFILE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
According to French law, the VIE is only open to European nationals aged between 18 and 28.
Postgraduate level degree, preferably from a leading European Business school, you are fluent in English.
You are a self-starter and proactive person, with the ability to deal with difficult and complex issues and work with people at different levels across the business environment. You possess excellent interpersonal skills and strong managerial potential.
Prior experience in maritime transportation and/or logistics is an additional asset which would help you to be successful in this mission. In addition, integrating the VIE program will provide you substantial career opportunities in CMA CGM group.