Woolworths Botswana – Accountant
To provide exceptional service by delivering key accounting and financial services in the areas of Receivables and Payables management and Safeguarding of Financial Assets of the company.
• Drive profitability by ensuring key profit drivers are within budget.
• Control store expenditure within budget parameters.
• Ensure compliance in internal controls through effective self -assessment to minimise risk and deliver operational excellence.
• Communicate, train, implement and sustain relevant policies, processes and procedures within the stores to deliver the required outcomes.
• Constantly seek opportunities and provide feedback to continuously improve and simplify policies. processes and procedures
• Perform reconciliations to prevent financial loss (e.g. system errors, vouchers reconciliations).
• Ensure that at relevant finance reports are printed. scrutinised, actioned and retained (filed)
• Coordinate and communicate incoming TDC’s within specified timelines.
• Monitor that legislative attendance registers are completed and advise line manager on non-compliance.
• Manage all suppler account reconciliation and supplier payments timeously and regularly.
• Ensure all supplier invoices are captured in the system on a regular basis.
• Ensure up-to-date records are maintained systematically in respect of all supplier invoices and statements
• Ensure Capturing all VAT entries in respect of supplier invoices
• Custody, maintenance and accounting of all Gift Vouchers and related transactions.
• Analysis of Store and Head office petty cash and communicating with the stores with respect to petty cash and other withdrawals
• Ensuring the timely payment of all utility invoices and capturing those invoices in the system.
• Ensuring strict adherence to Internal control processes and implementation of audit recommendations
• Visiting the stores for physical verification of Store Cash holdings and Gift Vouchers.
Experience of the above in a retail environment will be an added advantage.
Qualifications and Technical knowledge and skills:
• Qualification e.g Degree or diploma or equivalent qualification in accounting.
• 3 to 5 years relevant experience in the Retail/Service industry as an Accountant in Receivables and Payables.
• Competency in MS office software and Point of Sale Accounting software.
• Good communication skills.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the above position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating the vacancy you are applying for.
Closing Date: 3rd October 2017