Overview of role
The position reports to the Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for the internal operational activities of the Corporation and maintenance in accordance with policies, goals, and objectives established by the Chief Executive Officer and the Board of Directors. The COO will assist the CEO in leading and directing the development of the Corporation’s policies and goals that cover operations, human resources, financial performance and growth of the functions and/or the Corporation’s Management Centers.
Key Performance Areas
- Operations and Maintenance
- Customer Service and Quality
- Operational Assets, Equipment
- Asset Management and Risk Management
- Customer Billing and Commercial Services
- Strategic Partnership and Stakeholder Management
- Water Loss Reduction
- Business Growth and reticulation
- Budgets, costs and margin control
- Corporate Social Investment
- Infrastructure Investment Programme
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual financial goal management
Skills and Attributes
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker
- Analytic and decisive decision maker with the ability to prioritize and communicate to staff key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals
- Excellent interpersonal, stakeholder management, public speaking skills
- Excellent communication, report writing and presentation skills
- Solid working knowledge of budgeting, sales, business development, and strategic planning.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach a senior-level staff to manage and develop high performance teams, develop and implement program strategies.
- Experience in coordinating teams, high level decision making process in leadership positions
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
Requirements, Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics/Civil or equivalent)
- Membership of an Internationally recognized professional body
- 15 years’ experience in a large corporate environment coupled with excellent track record of above average performance at senior management.
Closing date for applications is 26 August 2016.