Khoemacau Copper Mining (Pty) Ltd is a Botswana registered company that holds the rights to prospecting licences in North-West Botswana. The company comprises two operations, namely the Boseto operation and the Qhoree (Zone 5) operation. To be successful, the company needs suitably qualified people to form part of its team. Currently the company is looking to recruit a Project Director
Purpose of the role:
The Project Director will be tasked with building and ramping up a significant mining project into production. The successful candidate will play an important role in maintaining and growing Khoemacau’s presence in the north-west district and project site.
- Plan and execute the safety, engineering, procurement, construction, quality and start-up for the project;
- Develop and monitor the scope, cost, schedule, safety and quality goals for the project;
- Implement project scope and cost controls, monitor work performance and institute a program to identify, document and manage trends, variances and contingency drawdown in accordance with protocol and procedure;
- Constant review of project progress, ensuring timely and accurate forecasts of schedules and cost;
- Ensure accountability throughout the project delivery team, establish and delegate authority;
- Establish clear communication and documentation protocols;
- Along with the Managing Director, ensure a strong working relationship with the Botswana Government, local community, Cupric Canyon Capital management and the Khoemacau operations team; and
- Ensure the finalisation of all contracts, the Project close-out report as well as the smooth handover between project and operational staff.
Qualification and Experience:
- Minimum of a B.SC. degree in a resource industry related engineering discipline;
- Membership to the Engineering Registration Board of Botswana;
- 20+ years’ experience in project execution and management of operations within mining/engineering fields, specifically in underground mining environments. The experience should ideally encompass each of the main phases of project development from conceptualisation through to construction. Experience in leading a project through the early stages of feasibility and development is key;
- Previous experience of developing mining projects on the African continent would be a distinct advantage;
- Ability to drive effective collaboration at all levels of the organisation, within the project team and with external stakeholders;
- Proven track record in project and stakeholder management for projects of similar magnitude and complexity; capital project management experience in excess of $350M;
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to build, develop and motivate high performing teams comprised of staff and external contractors/vendors;
- An ownership mentality with the maturity and confidence to take full responsibility for project execution;
- A sense of urgency, self-motivated, results orientated and a disciplined doer;
- Possesses influencing and negotiating skills to reach agreements and build consensus, plus an open communication style that enables ongoing dialogues;
- Capable of leading teams and mentoring, training and coaching subordinates;
- Superior organisational, problem solving and analytical skills, complemented by excellent communications skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to safe and environmentally sustainable work practices; and
- Valid drivers licence.
The successful candidate will report to the Managing Director and will be based on site.
Only candidates who meet the above requirements can apply online through www.jobsbw.com and must attach CV, academics qualification and references.
Please note that the company will only enter into correspondence with short listed candidates.
Deadline 14th November 2016