The Ministry of Employment Labour Productivity and Skills Development through its parastatal, the Construction Industry Trust Fund (CITF) operates from an established Training Institution situated in Gaborone, and Satellite centres country wide. Our aim is to provide the Construction Industry and allied trades with locally trained, competent manpower in order to maximise use and engagement of Botswana Citizens on all construction projects. In the construction industry and allied industries, CITF is offering rapid skills training through a Competency Based Modular Training Methodology (CBMT).
We require energetic, self-motivated, innovative, citizens Facilitators to optimally run training programmes for the Satellite Centres.
- National Craft Certificate / or equivalent Certificate at Level 5 from a recognized training institution.
- Diploma in Building Construction is an added advantage
- At least 6 years relevant practical industrial experience
- Vocational Basic Instructional Certificate / Training of Trainers (TOT)
- First Aid or Health and Safety Certificate would be an added advantage
- Botswana Qualification Authority (BQA) registered as a Trainer / Assessor
- Experience in Competency Based Modular Training (CBMT) practitioner
an added advantage
Salary Scale: CITF Band 7 (P172 882.00 – P206 580.00) per annum
Key Performance Areas
- Under the supervision of a Senior Facilitator.
- Conducts skills training, practical task competencies and knowledge based assessment in the workshop on-site training and testing time in respective trades
- Develops trainees character and productive work habits for the building and construction sector
- Supervises and implements industry standards and acknowledge mastery of competency levels of trainees
- Provides data for daily, weekly and monthly training records for trainees and submit reports
- Plans and prepares demonstration aids and materials for practical tasks
- Maintains safety procedure within the workshop and on-site
- Provides data for daily, weekly and monthly training records
- Maintains safety procedure within workshop and on-site
The candidates must demonstrate ability and effectiveness in the following areas:
- Managing Performance
- Quality Service Delivery
- Building Partnership and Team Work
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Presentation Skills and Report Writing
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Technical and Analytical Skills
Candidates will be required to demonstrate practical competencies in his/her relevant profession.
Candidates who are not registered with Botswana Qualification Authority must not apply.
- 50% Contributory Medical Aid Scheme
- Contributory Pension Fund (CITF pays 15% and employee 5%)
- Group Life Assurance
- Motor Vehicle and Residential Loan schemes
Closing date and application instructions
Only applicants who meet the above should apply to the:
Construction Industry Trust Fund (CITF)
Private Bag BO 122, Machel Drive Bontleng Gaborone
Or send via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CITF will respond to candidates who will be short listed.
Closing date for applications is 31st July 2018