- Complete periodic reporting as required;
- Ensure that the mine engineering departments meets all safety inspection and auditing requirements and follow up on the implementation of corrective actions;
- Provide coverage to the Technical Services Superintendent as required;
- Develop and implement the departmental budget and cost control measures;
- Develop and implement techniques and technology to optimise processes;
- Ensure compliance with all legal frameworks and company standards;
- Mentoring, developing and coaching employees;
- Maintain a repository of data, mine plans, engineering drawings, and related documents;
- Work alongside the Chief Mine Geologist to optimise grade control and minimise dilution through mine designs and mine plans; and
- Complete and lead safety and incident investigations and safety and environmental audits.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering or other relevant technical qualification;
- Registered with the Engineers Registration Board (ERB) of Botswana;
- Botswana underground blasting licence;
Compliments of the New Year to all Jobs Botswana Subscribers.
Get your CV and Cover letter done for P100.
Pay with Orange Money on number 76981238 or EWallet to 76981238
Contact us on Whatsapp - 76981238. (Only WhatsApp)
CLICK LINK BELOW TO CHAT DIRECT ON WHATSAPP
- Applicants must have a minimum of 10 years relevant experience including in the operational and technical fields and have worked in underground mechanised operations for a minimum of 6 years with increasing responsibilities;
- Applicants must have a minimum of 5 years management experience in underground metalliferous mines, with experience at Mining Manager level preferred;
- Experience in the mine planning (design and scheduling), ventilation, backfill, infrastructure projects, and geotechnical fields within an underground hard rock mining environment;
- A solid understanding of underground mine geology and mine survey processes and technical aspects thereof;
- Ability to use mine design and planning software and critically reviews designs and plans created by the team;
- An expert level understanding and use of MS Office tools;
- Prior experience with skills and competency tracking software packages;
- A good understanding of business processes and the use of ERP packages;
- An excellent understanding of technical work processes, including the mapping and optimisation thereof;
- An excellent understanding of skills transfer, coaching, mentoring, and training processes and how to ensure their effectiveness and the measurement thereof;
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- A team player and experience in managing a multidisciplinary and multi-cultural team;
- Excellent problem-solving skills with complex problems, including both definition of the problem and generation and evaluation of solutions;
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, including goal setting, group performance monitoring and the ability to modify priorities where necessary to achieve these goals;
- Ability to work across all levels of the organisation;
- Proven contractor management skills; and
- Continuous commitment to professional development and continuous improvement within the team.
Only candidates who meet the above requirements can apply to www.jobsbw.com and must attach CV. academic qualifications and references. Please note that the company will only enter into correspondence with shortlisted candidates.
Closing date 1 May 2018.