The candidate will among other things be responsible for the following;
· Developing the procurement strategy and recommending the review and adoptions of appropriate policies, systems and procedures for an effective purchasing and supplies function.
· Managing the procurement process and ensuring compliance to procurement policies and regulations.
· Ensuring effectiveness of inventory driven re-ordering procedures and optimise inventory levels against demand and supply chain time table.
· Negotiating with suppliers and tenderers in accordance with delegated limits to optimise service to the Corporation and the cost-effective supply of goods and services.
· Assisting departments to prepare out-sourcing contracts.
· Providing technical and administrative support services to the Tender Committee and ensuring that the Committee complies with regulations and procedures.
· Assisting departments in the evaluation of tenders and following up on tender queries.
The right candidate will meet the following minimum requirements;
· Possess a Degree in Supply Chain Management, or related field.
· Possess professional membership of a recognised institute such as CIPS.
· Possess a minimum of eight (8) years post qualification experience in procurement/purchasing, materials management, contract administration/management, or related fields, five (5) years of which should have been at senior or supervisory level.
Apply before : Fri Jun 15, 2018